jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What traditional activities do you and your family enjoy to bring in the New Yea

1. Golfgal profile image80
    Golfgalposted 6 years ago

What traditional activities do you and your family enjoy to bring in the New Year?

How do you bring in the New Year?  Each my family has some traditional activities that bring us into the new calender year.  Would you like to share your traditions or just one?

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

We do absolutely nothing neither individually or collectively as a family.

3. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

We all link arms and sing old lang syne smile.

4. angel115707 profile image60
    angel115707posted 6 years ago

We have a bay house within view of the Sanjacinto Monument, the tallest monument, and the bay is a smaller one above the Galveston bay, so we can see the distant other side, we all shoot huge fireworks over the water at midnight, watching multicolors light up the sky and reflection on they bay, its a magnificant sight and overwhelming feeling... After Hurricain Ike it took a few years for enough neighbors to make it livable again, but last New year, it was like old times!!!

5. hush4444 profile image71
    hush4444posted 6 years ago

In Hawaii we set off fireworks.  At midnight the whole state erupts with millions of fireworks and firecrackers to welcome the New Year.  Then on New Year's Day, our family celebrates a traditional Southern dinner of roast pork, greens, and black-eyed peas for good luck.

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Every New Years, everyone on my mother's side of the family visits Ruston, LA. It is the half-way point for everyone. My father and my cousin always have their annual wrestling match. The wives cook dinner. There is always a game of cards on the kitchen table as it was my grandmothers favorite game. The rest of the men watch a football game while the children play video games.

working