jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If a tree, how would you prefer your wood be used, in a feed trough, in a fishin

1. Mr. Smith profile image76
    Mr. Smithposted 6 years ago

If a tree, how would you prefer your wood be used, in a feed trough, in a fishing boat, in a cross?

There is an old folk tale called "The Tale of Three Trees". In this tale three young trees daydream about what they will become when they grow big. One becomes a feed trough for animals which is also a bed for a baby. The second becomes a boat for fishermen which also carries the King of Heaven and Earth. The third becomes a pile of wood which also becomes a cross for the most holy of sacrifices.
    If you were one of these trees, how would you choose for your wood to be used, and why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5904384_f260.jpg

2. H Montealegre profile image73
    H Montealegreposted 6 years ago

I choose cross.  While an honor to be present for Christ's birth or life, to see his death and the love that it represents would be the greatest honor of all.

3. Wr1t3r profile image77
    Wr1t3rposted 6 years ago

I think I would choose the manger.  To hold the new born Christ child as his first cradle would be an honor, to hear the angels proclaim his birth and feel the light of the new star would be magical, and to see the shepherds honor him would be a privilege.

4. athena2011 profile image60
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I choose to be a boat because I love the water and because I would be helping the fishermen to earn a living.

Wouldn't want to be the cross that caused so much pain and anguish. Being a feed trough or a baby's bed aren't bad choices either.

working