jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best, or worst, holiday memory you ever had?

1. teenboyproblems profile image59
    teenboyproblemsposted 6 years ago

What is the best, or worst, holiday memory you ever had?

2. Cat R profile image75
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

It wasn't really the holidays, but when I was in the Military I missed at least half of my children's birthdays and spend almost every one of mine working!

No room for family life really!

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Worst: I was 7, I'm an only child and my parents were drunk.  It was Christmas Eve and I asked if I could open one gift as was the tradition.  I opened one, they were so preoccupied that I ended up opening all the presents by myself.  They never knew the difference.

Best:  When our first child was 11months old and it was a few days before Christmas.  Putting up the tree, the lights etc. and watching her face was priceless.  It really helps to have a good holiday when we turn out feelings and emotions outward rather than inward, concentrating on ourselves.  We had the best Christmas because we were seeing it through her eyes and not letting it be colored by our own pasts.

4. greatstuff profile image96
    greatstuffposted 6 years ago

Bad hotel room, bad service..these always spoils my holiday. The worst was way back in 1990 when the hotel was undoing a change in management and the service was extremely bad.

5. teenboyproblems profile image59
    teenboyproblemsposted 6 years ago

Mine worst and best holiday: I was 8 years old and I didn't get a single gift for christmas and my mother took me to her friends house so they could cook dinner for us. We didn't even have food to eat at our house. My little friend was there opening her presents, and asked me what I had gotten. I told her nothing, and she turned around and gave me her baby doll she had been begging for all year. Her Mother heard that I had gotten nothing for Christmas and the next day, on my porch, was a bag full of dollar toys. It was the worst and best Christmas ever.

6. NessaMetharam profile image59
    NessaMetharamposted 6 years ago

Best holiday memory? Every year is awesome and holds new memories but there's this special holiday that I can never get out of my head. The whole family (by that, I mean like all aunt and uncles) spent Christmas in the vacation house and we all had a blast!

7. ringlawncare profile image61
    ringlawncareposted 6 years ago

I think I was 20, when my grandpa had fallen from his chair on X-mas. Mind you he was around 80 and was getting towards the end of his time with us, I mean it was funny and scary at the same time.

working