jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can you share what New Year's Eve celebrations are like in your home town?

1. yols-a profile image60
    yols-aposted 6 years ago

Can you share what New Year's Eve  celebrations are like in your home town?

2. thearbiter0808 profile image58
    thearbiter0808posted 6 years ago

We always have a party, a gathering of kith and kins. And when the clock strikes 12, we light fireworks, run the streets and make noises, dance, and eat.

3. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 6 years ago

Most New Year's celebrations are celebrated with drinking and some drug abuse. Dancing eating and mingling with the opposite sex. I would figure that this was the norm most anywhere other than religious groups or church activities. This is the reason why I like to stay home on New Year's Eve because too many people are out on the road drinking and driving. Most people who do not drink or abuse drugs on a regular basis may tend to do so on New Year's Eve.

This is why it is especially hazardous to be out on the road on New Year's Eve or other festive holidays. I personally don't mind a beer or two, some good food maybe a good movie at home with my wife on New Year's Eve. If possible I have made a tradition of staying up till midnight and watching the New York ball fall in time square. That would be New Year's Eve for me. Hope everyone has a good and safe one.

4. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

Most times here people go to the pubs, and usually hang out there till midnight and then head to a night club. A few hotels have concerts with tribute bands, e.g abba. Most people don't spend the night with there family, its usually with their friends.

5. thesingernurse profile image81
    thesingernurseposted 6 years ago

People here light their own fireworks during New Year's Eve. Filipinos are fans of superstitions so it would be typical to find food which have long and string-like ingredients in them, such as pasta and pancit, because such foods signified longevity; kids are given small coins so they could throw them on air as the clock strikes twelve being constantly reminded that they have to wish along when they throw them; and people, especially children, jump as high as they could because they believe they would grow taller on the next year when they do. These might sound silly but all in all, it's so much fun because New Year's Eve in the Philippines means feasting and welcoming the incoming year with family and loved ones. smile