jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

It was 12.01 a.m., January 2012.....What were you doing?

1. Lord De Cross profile image82
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

It was 12.01 a.m., January 2012.....What were you doing?

You just have to fill out the blanks and tell your own story and what you really want to share with us. Just make it fun. Happy New Year!~

2. profile image0
    Tina Trueloveposted 6 years ago

Sitting on my couch, having just watched the ball in New York drop on television, hoping my two oldest teenagers are not doing anything stupid, and ringing in the New Year with my youngest child, husband, poodle dog, three cats, and a tank full of fish.  Happy New Year!

3. Lord De Cross profile image82
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

Happy New Year Tina!....at home too, resting from writing!

4. furniturestorenyc profile image59
    furniturestorenycposted 6 years ago

Had about 15 guests,  being a host.  at least once a year.

5. CarltheCritic1291 profile image75
    CarltheCritic1291posted 6 years ago

Re-watching the Swedish version of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" and taking notes smile

6. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 6 years ago

I really want to be a smarty pants and say that you are in the future and I have yet to hit 12:01... wink However, when it does hit 12:01 here I will be yelling Happy New Year to my 3 rowdy kids who are surprisingly still awake and waiting to toast with our sparkling grape juice. And then I am going to send them promptly to bed! smile Sadly though, I am missing one person in our party as my husband has to work tonight. So, we will open a bottle of champagne and toast the new year in at 1:30 a.m.
    Happy New Year - hope 2012 is good to you!

7. proudmamma profile image75
    proudmammaposted 6 years ago

As 12:01 a.m. hit, I was catching some zzzzzzzzzzz! I slept through the New Year! Dreaming of all good things for the new year! It was some very much needed rest, I worked 12 hours on News Year Eve, and I get to do it all over again on New Years Day! I hope everyone on HubPages enjoyed their New Year celebration......no matter how they celebrated. I wish everyone a very Happy New Year!

8. ronhi profile image75
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

I was watching a live concert on TV while working on my first hub of the year:)

9. rai2722 profile image75
    rai2722posted 6 years ago

watching Transformers 2 on TV. QUite a good way to start a new year. Happy New Year everybody!

10. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 6 years ago

After an afternoon and night of babysitting a six, two and one year old  full of energy and fun..My grand children are fast asleep..I kiss my husband at 11:05 wish him a Happy New Year..as he watches the reruns of Zombies and I go to sleep..The New Year came and thankfully I am awake, rested, and thanking the good Lord for another day..

11. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Embarrassingly enough, I was sound asleep by 12:01am January 1, 2012.  So no exciting story to tell.

12. Teresa Coppens profile image94
    Teresa Coppensposted 6 years ago

My husband and I shared a taste of champagne with our three boys after watching the countdown at time's square and lamenting at the poor choice of entertainment on most of the New Year's shows.  Previous to that we watched Harry Potter part 1 and 2 in 3-D.  An enjoyable evening overall!

13. Angela Kane profile image76
    Angela Kaneposted 6 years ago

Watching television and celebrating the new year in Las Vegas. I was thinking how the year is going to, will the economy get better, will the job outlook improve. I hope this is a very good year for everyone.

14. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

I was sound asleep as I have done for years. It's only another day on the calendar of life.