jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it okay to send Valentine's Day cards to your Christmas card people?

1. YogaKat profile image87
    YogaKatposted 6 years ago

Is it okay to send Valentine's Day cards to your Christmas card people?

My Christmas card people get a Happy New Year card every year, but this year I worked long hours at my day job throughout the holiday season.

2. MikeSyrSutton profile image68
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 6 years ago

That requires more than a simple yes or no. It depends on who you send them to and what the relationship is and if they are married.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

I agree with Mike - I'm not sure I'd send a Valentine to a church leader or my boss. But your friends and relatives would probably appreciate the sweet gesture!

What about sending a post-holiday newsy greeting that lets people know you were busy at Christmas and you hope they have a wonderful year? Now that the flurry of Christmas is over, people will have time to read and savor your message even more. Everyone understands being busy; they'll just be glad to hear from you.

4. hush4444 profile image70
    hush4444posted 6 years ago

I love Valentine's cards no matter who gives them to me - but I do work in an elementary school!  I agree that it depends on who the recipient is and what their marital/relationship status may be.  Okay for family and friends, maybe not okay for aquaintances who might get the wrong idea.

working