jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you ever send paper cards through the mail?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Do you ever send paper cards through the mail?

It can be so special to get a card in the mail anymore.  Do you still send cards through the postal service?  What are you thoughts on paper vs email vs nothing at all.

2. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

Sometimes I send e-cards for birthdays, but for my parents or really close friends who live far away, I usually send a real card in the mail. I know how it feels to get a card you can hold in your hands.

I also think that Thank You cards are appropriate to send through the mail. I have friends who have mailed me thank you cards after a baby shower, for instance. I think that sending a paper card takes an extra step and really shows that you took the effort to remember this special person in your life.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Yes.  Greetings cards and personal letters are a waste of space via email.

4. phone-deals profile image64
    phone-dealsposted 5 years ago

I still send birthday and Christmas cards but that really is about all, with the price of stamps due to rise I may even switch to e-cards from now on.

5. Peggy W profile image93
    Peggy Wposted 5 years ago

Sometimes I use ecards but for special people in my life or special occasions, I send the real thing.  We still send out Christmas cards each year.

6. mommyofjamesw-asd profile image58
    mommyofjamesw-asdposted 5 years ago

it has been a long time since I have done that or even bought stamps for that matter...don't even know how much the price of a stamp is off hand:)

7. LinksTycoon profile image60
    LinksTycoonposted 5 years ago

Yes I still send cards through the mail. Reading a birthday or Christmas card is like reading a book.

8. reviewne profile image57
    reviewneposted 5 years ago

I don't remember when was the last time I sent a paper card through the mail. Paper cards, sure, do have its own charm and appeal. I seriously would love to get one or even a handwritten letter for the matter of fact. It's special. Emails are efficient, fast, and very convenient but a physical paper card, letter is something special.

9. Omer123 profile image59
    Omer123posted 3 years ago

i think the paper card is better then the e card because the paper card will have your really special attention and you are actually showing the care and love fo the other person instead of the e car d actually