jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have they slowed down in celebrating Halloween where you live?

1. Poethepoet profile image77
    Poethepoetposted 6 years ago

Have they slowed down in celebrating Halloween where you live?

2. Cammiebar profile image76
    Cammiebarposted 6 years ago

In my area, it is a common tradition to drive out to a good neighborhood for trick-or-treating, but the parties are still the same as always.  As well as the problems that come with them.

3. Mark Pitts profile image60
    Mark Pittsposted 6 years ago

Yes, tyhave. It has been becoming increasingly rare with each year. I think it is partly in reaction to some religious interpretations, but I remember when I was a child, churches would have Halloween carnivals, so I don't think that is the main reason. I think it is largely due to tghe fear of allowing kids out like we (society) used to, and also, sadly enough, I don't think parents make it as fun to be a kid as it once was.

4. DeviousOne profile image74
    DeviousOneposted 6 years ago

I actually think Halloween celebrations in the Sydney suburbs has increased. It's only been in recent years that there are loads of advertisements and stock in supermarkets and smaller shops with halloween costumes and decorations. It's great to see.

5. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Oh my gosh the answer is a resounding "NO". People around here love Halloween. Even lots of the parents wear costumes while Trick-O-Treating with their kids. There are also Halloween parties where the adults dress up and the house is all decorated too.

6. delaneyworld profile image80
    delaneyworldposted 6 years ago

There are certainly fewer trick or treaters than when I was a child.  Times have changed and concerns about safety influence how many kids are out and about.  I think a lot depends on the area in which you live.  When we lived in a secluded suburb, there were more kids.  Now that we live in the central area of the city, there are fewer kids.  I do think Halloween is still quite fun and I hope my daughter enjoys it for years to come.

working