jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you select a wedding anniversary gift?

1. Linda Bliss profile image91
    Linda Blissposted 6 years ago

How do you select a wedding anniversary gift?

2. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

It's just like picking out a gift any time of the year. Think of the person receiving the gift.   What would they want?  Do they expect you to go all out or to just make it meaningful?  It's not what you think is good but what they would like.

3. geoffclarke profile image82
    geoffclarkeposted 6 years ago

Hi Linda
    I've written a number of Hubs on this topic but it all depends on the situation.

Who you are buying for - is it your spouse, a relative or a friend?

Which anniversary is it? Many people like to choose from the Traditional Anniversary Gift list (paper for first, silver for 25th, etc). Others like to choose from the modern anniversary list, or just wing it.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to leave links here, so if you're interested, check out my profile and you'll see some Hubs on wedding anniversary gifts and anniversary gifts for people who have everything.
    Good luck!
    Geoff

4. Sharon Douglas profile image45
    Sharon Douglasposted 6 years ago

One of the ways to choose Wedding Anniversary Gifts is using the Anniversary Symbols. The Anniversary Symbols give you a guideline of what type of gift material to choose for each Anniversary Year.

There are 3 symbolic Anniversary gift that's carded for each Anniversary year to choose from - Traditional, Alternate and Modern Anniversary gifts.

e.g. For the 1st Anniversary the traditional Anniversary gift is Paper,
           the Alternate Anniversary gift Plastic and
           the Modern Anniversary gift is Clock.

These Anniversary symbols make your Anniversary gifts more meaningful, fun and creative.

To find out more about the Anniversary symbols I have written a hub on it as well wink All the best in choosing the best Anniversary gift.

working