jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Gift Ideas for Green Card Party

1. livelonger profile image93
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

Gift Ideas for Green Card Party

A friend just got her Green Card and wants to celebrate. She's not a US Citizen (yet), so not sure what to give her.

2. rlaha profile image69
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I guess you can give her a gift card for a store that she likes to shop at.  That sounds like a sensible gift. If not then if you know what she likes, you can get her that. Good luck and congratulations to your friend.

3. Alexander Mark profile image82
    Alexander Markposted 6 years ago

I never thought of having a green card as a celebratory occasion, but then I didn't step foot in to this country of my own accord. I suppose if I did, and had waited to be approved for a green card or worked hard to make it possible to obtain one, I think I would want gifts that represent traditional American values - a history book about America comes to mind, maybe a real American flag or an invite to a political party get together. That last one sounds lame - but I'm thinking anything that can help her acclimate to American culture and something fun.

4. okaygrace profile image61
    okaygraceposted 6 years ago

Get a male stripper to come to the party dressed as an ICE agent who is there to deport her. Will definitely be a roller coaster ride of emotions for her! LOL make sure to videotape it! tongue

5. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

A good idea would be to get her an interesting book on US history. If her English needs help, how about a nice novel entertwined with American history? If she's very special to you and that doesn't cut it, how about an engagement ring. That way, she'll get the citizenship faster (kidding).