jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some creative Mother's Day art or craft projects to do with a toddler/

1. katedonavon profile image75
    katedonavonposted 5 years ago

What are some creative Mother's Day art or craft projects to do with a toddler/ two-year-old?

2. dagny roth profile image78
    dagny rothposted 5 years ago

Have them help make a story book all about their Mother, Grandmother, etc.  Use felt or construction paper and they can put on stickers and tell the story while you write it down.

3. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Toddlers love to play with dough and clay.You can make a stepping stone for a mothers day gift. Available at Michaels arts and crafts.You imprint their little hand in the stone write their name and the date, and you will have a gift that will last forever.I did this with both of my sons, now 26 and 14, my 14 year old cant believe how small his hand was at the time, compaired to now. Just read and follow the instructions on the package. Another easy one is to buy a plain white t-shirt, and fabric paint.Wash the shirt to remove any sizing. Put fabic paint on a paper plate, chose as many colors as you like.Take a piece of cardboard and put inside of the shirt,so the paint doesn't go through.  Have your toddler put their hands in the paint, and put their hands on the shirt, to make an impression, or many different times or ways to make a pattern of their choosing. With a fabric maker write worlds best mom,their name,or any saying that you like. Have fun with it,and plenty of paper towels.

4. ciaralw profile image59
    ciaralwposted 5 years ago

Art will always inspire children, no matter what age. If you create something with them as the center of the project they will enjoy it and pay attention longer. I suggest tracing hands and feet and showing the child how to fill the tracings in. Stamping with sponges or again hands or feet will also be exciting for the child involved. Good luck.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I think making hand and feet inmprints in clay for garden tiles  or decorating clay pots is easy and fun. Using cookie cutters in oven-baked clay to make Spring shapes and then making a windchime is a great project too. Another idea is collecting mom and grandma pictures w/ your child and putting together a memory book w/ drawings, rubber stamps, and stickers.

working