jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best lesson that your father taught you?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

What is the best lesson that your father taught you?

Can you share to us some valuable lessons in life or things that your father taught you? it could be simple or just lessons which help you in your life or anything which influenced you.

2. prektjr.dc profile image86
    prektjr.dcposted 5 years ago

My father taught me that I could do anything and could take care of myself any time I needed to do so.  He really "drove it home" when before I could drive my first car all by myself, he made taught me how to change a tire.  He first told me about it, then showed me how and then supervised me changing one myself.  I thought I was ready!  That was when he sent me inside to put on a dress, heels and hose (we wore hose in those days).  When I came back outside, he had taken all four tires off of my car and it was up on blocks!  He said I could drive myself IF I could put all four tires on the car without getting my dress dirty or tearing my hose!  It took two dresses and 3 hours, but I did it!!  Months later when I had to change a tire in the middle of nowhere on my way to work, I understood why!  My boss only believed me when she saw the tire in the trunk of my car!  I was clean!  I was so proud and confident that I could do anything to take care of myself if it were ever needed.

3. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

The best lesson he taught me was that money doesn't grow on trees and that you have to work for everything you get.

4. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

It's more like what did he try to teach me. I learned everything the hard way, because I hardly listened. He did teach me the value of a dollar, he never gave us anything, we had to earn it. That does instill a good work ethic and teaches you to save money.

5. Specialk3749 profile image60
    Specialk3749posted 5 years ago

My dad taught me to work, and work hard!  He taught me to do every job to the best of my ability, plus.  This is something that I think our younger generation is lacking and more parents need to teach their children how to work.

6. Ov Strickland profile image59
    Ov Stricklandposted 5 years ago

I truly adored and loved my father. The best lesson he taught me was to love and protect the family even up to what cost, even if it endangers you. Why? Because no one will ever do the same thing for you, only your family.

working