jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the best thing your father taught you

1. billd01603 profile image86
    billd01603posted 4 years ago

What is the best thing your father taught you

2. SmartAndFun profile image97
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I am from the South, and way back when, when being racist in the South was excused as "that's just the way it is,"  my dad taught me, by example, not to be racist.

3. EJ Lambert profile image73
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

If you're going to attack something, a job or life decision, give it 100%.  The results should and will always turn out in your favor in the end.  That advice turned me into a solid little league pitcher, a two-time college graduate and somebody who lost 160 lbs.

4. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

The joy of reading and losing my imagination in a good story. I am so grateful for that, and will be to my dying day. Because of this there were occasions in my life, when I was seriously ill, that I found a welcomed relief and "get away" in literature. And later, it gave me the drive to become a professional author.

5. liesl5858 profile image89
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

The best thing my father taught me is to go to school and learn a lot of things because it is the only way I can better myself thru education.

6. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

The best lesson I ever learned from my father is this:  No matter your need, someone else's may be greater, so be grateful for what you have and share what you can.

7. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

my dad's english was good. He taught me how to speak well in english and well mannered too. That's how I score A's for my english subject since primary to secondary school. Love my dad!

8. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 4 years ago

To be honest to women, they may get mad at you, but in time they will either forgive you or they will move on, there is nothing you really can do.

9. WalterPoon profile image79
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

The best thing that my father taught me was honesty. He said it is better to be poor but honest, rather than to be rich but dishonest. At the very least, he said, we can stand proud and face our own ancestors. What he did not say, however, was that it was possible to be both honest and rich.

I set about trying to do both and only ended up with one. Is it any wonder, then, that I am poorer than a church mouse? LOL. But I am sure there are some who managed to become rich the honest way.

working