jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

What is/was your favorite type of candy to get on Halloween?

1. nanderson500 profile image85
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

What is/was your favorite type of candy to get on Halloween?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7265128_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

My absolute favorites were Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Snickers.  My least favorite was always Candy Corn or Good-n-Plenty.  Yuck.  smile

1. Kimberly Vaughn profile image84
      Kimberly Vaughnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I always loved getting Reese's Peanut Butter Cups too!

2. nanderson500 profile image85
      nanderson500posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yep Reeses's are always good. They have been popular around Halloween for a long time I think.

3. TattooKitty profile image87
    TattooKittyposted 5 years ago

Twix and Reese's, for sure...although I love Smarties and the vanilla-flavored Tootsie rolls too.

Reeses's definitely seems like the winner so far.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Candy corn and anything chocolate.  We used to have a neighbor that gave out full size candy bars. Good stuff!

I like candy corn too!

5. Sharkye11 profile image95
    Sharkye11posted 5 years ago

I usually gave most of my candy away, but I always held onto smarties, Reeses, and those caramels with the cream swirl in them. I usually hate caramel, but one day I year I loved those things. I also like the cheapo peanut butter kisses in the orange and black wrappers. smile

I haven't heard of smarties, but I definitely remember getting lots of Reeses!

6. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

Candy bars have always been my favorites to give or receive, I do remember a neighbor who went all out and made candy apples and another made homemade fudge and popcorn balls we all loved. Living in a rural area is special at Halloween and most kids get special treats as people can expect the same few kids there each year. One year my sister-in-law iced cupcakes with each child's name on them. The kids loved them.

Iced cupcakes with your name sound awesome! I'm not surprised the kids loved them!

7. nanderson500 profile image85
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

To answer my own question, I have always been partial to Butterfingers. I also like M&M's especially the peanut butter kind.

8. Amanda108 profile image92
    Amanda108posted 5 years ago

Reese's were always my top favorite as a kid. Nowadays the Take 5 candy bars are competing for my affection. Mmm chocolate!

working