If you have money saved for Christmas shopping, how did you achieve that task?
I've just started saving a little bit. I look at the bank balance and if things look pretty flush, I will take twenty or more dollars and transfer online into another account. I will do this every few days. If I remember to check our checkbooks regularly, I can get quite a bit put away.
I save the points on my credit card rewards card to use them as cash when I go Christmas shopping. I also start setting aside $20 a week starting in September to use for our Christmas dinner and extras that come with the holidays.
I'd look in either my pocket money or my PayPal account. For the latter, my maximum amount I'd spend is 40% of what I earned total, including the minimum $50 payout threshold from here at HubPages. (At least the other 60% or more goes to the vacation funds.) I'm pretty much a handmade-is-always-good person, so I decided to go Christmas shopping for craft supplies to make gifts.
by joleenruffin 7 years ago
Have you finished all your Christmas shopping or are you a last minute gift hunter?
by Marissa 6 years ago
What are your best Christmas shopping tips?
by Nichol marie 3 years ago
When do you start Christmas shopping?
by Jacqueline Williamson BBA MPA MS 3 years ago
Although it is much safer to shop online; there is that interaction not only with sales personnel but with other shoppers when it is done within brick and mortar. People seem friendlier and more willing to assist during the holiday season. However, you don’t have to spend money for gas, dress...
by Cheryl Simonds 18 months ago
When do you officially begin your Christmas Shopping? And when are you usually done?I like to go to clearance sales in January to get all the Christmas items on clearance. I also buy Christmas gifts starting in January. By October I am usually done. How about you?
by Swope 5 years ago
Are you cutting back on your Christmas shopping this year because of the economy?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|