jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do you fly the American flag? Or why don't you?

1. tipstoretireearly profile image85
    tipstoretireearlyposted 5 years ago

Why do you fly the American flag?  Or why don't you?

Why do you fly the American flag?  Or, if you live in another country, why do you fly that country's flag?

2. weavesandbraids profile image81
    weavesandbraidsposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7306139_f260.jpg

I live in Nigeria and I fly our beloved green-white-green at Independence and other national holidays( and here).

There is so much bad press about the country nearly drowning out the millions of us working hard to make an honest living.

My flag says I am proud of my motherland, look closer and you will find something to smile about Nigeria too.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We do during the summer when the weather is nice.  I'm very proud of our country, even with its chips and cracks.

4. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

I'll admit tipstoretireearly, the flag is displayed on my front porch undercover behind a chair. That chair represents my dad and his service to God, Family, Country, The Corps, and friends. I see it leaving every day to go anywhere and coming home. I fly it on my mobile  home out front on holidays, when I remember - I am a forgetful person and work most National holidays. I keep it undercover or inside on the front porch where according to traditions and protocol it can be 24/7. I don't have to worry about rainy days or night time and having to bring it in.

Thank you for asking this question

Tim

working