Do you are your family have any holiday traditions for Thanksgiving or Christmas

1. Michelle Taylor profile image76
    Michelle Taylorposted 5 years ago

Do you are your family have any holiday traditions for Thanksgiving or Christmas?

If so what are they?

2. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

Our family always meets at our home where we have the traditional holiday turkey dinner with all the trimmings.  Before dinner, we play games such as dominos and ping pong while we have drinks and appetizers.  We talk about all the things that happened since the previous year and take lots of pictures.  Our tradition is basically just being together, enjoying each others company and why that simply makes us grateful.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

For Thanksgiving, we always wake up early to watch Macy's parade and especially the acts before the parade starts to see what musicals we should watch out for. Then mom cooks all morning while we are watching the tv. We pause it to eat, then once the food in all in our bellies, the girls of the family watch the dog show (my mother and sister train their dogs for agility). After that, I usually go home and have a dinner with my partner that he mostly cooked because I'm horrible in the kitchen. The weekend after Thanksgiving comes the Christmas decorations.
    For Christmas, I spend Christmas Eve with my partner. Christmas Day my family gets me to go to church and we still fill each others stockings that my grandmother made. Presents are given and the rest of the day I can enjoy at home. But for New Years all of us go to Ruston, Louisiana to the family gathering.