jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Suggest some Christmas gift ideas for my daughters favorite teacher

1. FredBhai profile image41
    FredBhaiposted 5 years ago

Suggest some Christmas gift ideas for my daughters favorite teacher

2. chrissieklinger profile image91
    chrissieklingerposted 5 years ago

Check out this hub I wrote a few months ago, as a former elementary teacher I can tell you gifts from the heart are well appreciated, great idea to get some ideas from others instead of just buying a cheap, meaningless gift! http://chrissieklinger.hubpages.com/hub … Gift-Ideas

3. DreamerMeg profile image91
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

My mother was a teacher and she used to be able to open a shop with the number of hankies she got at Christmas and at the end of the school year! So definitely don't make it hankies. I have moved, in the last few years, from giving adults any gifts, at Christmas. If there are adults I need to give presents to, I now give money because then, they can get themselves something they LIKE. With a teacher, you cannot do that but you could give a record token or book token or even an Amazon token

4. Esmeowl12 profile image82
    Esmeowl12posted 5 years ago

When I was a teacher, one of my favorite gifts was the narcissus or amaryllis bulb, ready to pot and plant, in a box. Very inexpensive and it can be replanted outside after the first season.

5. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 5 years ago

There was a question a few weeks back on hubpages that gave delightful responses and the hubs below look great.  I can't let the Christmas gift thing go by without mentioning my favorite comedy moment on TV around this issue.  Actually, I'm not sure if it's more poignant of comedic.  I just clicked it now, and was still greatly touched by it.  If you saw it, you know that leading up to this clip, the socially challenged Sheldon wanted to be sure to get Penny a gift that was appropriately equal any gift he would give her.  The clip says all the rest.  The point being, probably the best gift to give anyone is something based on a knowledge of their special interests.  Teachers give this away all the time by the little things they say.  Your little girl probably knows about what tweaks her teacher's heart if she thinks about it.  Hope you enjoy the clip if you haven't seen it or if you have, that you'll enjoy it all over again!  Cheers  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlhHTdDqoBc

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
      Billie Kelpinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  I've never had a "best answer" to my name before.  Thanks so much Fred Bhai.  I had a bit of a rough weekend and the plane I was on almost crashed coming into LAX, so this is FUN.  I'll thank the brilliant "Big Bang" video clip smile Cheers,Billie

working