This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

What do you do at holiday parties to entertain yourself?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

What do you do at holiday parties to entertain yourself?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7327199_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I enjoy a few beers and if the weather co-operates, I start a fire in our outdoor fire pit.

...on an unrelated note, is the photo attached to this question a picture of the author? She's purty.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

FatFreddysCat,
      I like the outside fire idea. It can give people a place to get away and enjoy nature. Oh, and that is me. Thank you for your kind comment.
      Lisa

3. profile image55
    wayne92587posted 5 years ago

I look for pictures of pretty girls showing lots of leg.

wayne92587.
      Thank you so much for your comment. You're a sweetheart.
      Lisa

4. multiculturalsoul profile image81
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

I eat. A lot. Then, while everyone else is drinking to excess, I record their activities on napkins and put their foolishness in my novels. I try to use every opportunity and event to sponge up ideas.

multiculturalsoul,
      I love the fact that all we see and hear can be material for our writing. When we do that, we're living the writer's life. It's great. Thank you, Lisa

5. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i'm not really all that social so when i do end up at parties, many times i end up people watching while i nurse a drink.i love seeing how people change as they get drunk and it interests me how people interact.

nightwork4,
      I think all of us writers like to watch and listen to people. It's fun. Thank you for your comment. LIsa

6. bubba-math profile image59
    bubba-mathposted 5 years ago

Bring games.  I hate chit chatting.  Getting drunk people to play is so much more entertaining than watching them fall down stairs.  Unless you play a game on the stairs, in which case you can have both.

bubba-math,
      Yes games are the best at parties. I mean, what else are you going to do after everyone's done eating? You know, you are quite the comedian.
      Lisa

working