jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some non-traditional holiday parties to hold?

1. CeeGunn profile image84
    CeeGunnposted 6 years ago

What are some non-traditional holiday parties to hold?

A lot of people celebrate Xmas, Easter, Thanksgiving. What other smaller holidays throughout the year and great for hosting parties?

2. profile image0
    susanm23bposted 6 years ago

What a fun question smile
    -President's Day - serve foods associated with particular presidents, ask guests to come dressed as a president
    -St. Patrick's Day - prepare traditional foods, watch Irish movies - The Quiet Man

Also, just about every day of the year has some sort of celebration attached to it.  For example, National Doughnut Day is in June is historically associated with the Salvation Army.  Purchase plain doughnuts and lots of goodies such as frosting, sprinkles, etc. and let guests decorate them.  Hold contests and have guests vote on the most creative, most over- the-top, most beautiful, etc. dougnuts and give little prizes.  Ask guests to contribute a small cash donation for the Salvation Army in honor of your party.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

One that just passed:  Groundhog Day!  ;-)  We've had fun with this one before.

4. George Greene Jr. profile image61
    George Greene Jr.posted 5 years ago

You just gve me a hub idea! Flag Day, Grandparent's Day,the solstices of the seasons,everyday has a historical event to celebrate!
    Gonna be a long hub to write but I challenge myself to do it!

working