jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Do you have a real Christmas tree, a synthetic, or none at all?

1. aviannovice profile image90
    aviannoviceposted 5 years ago

Do you have a real Christmas tree, a synthetic, or none at all?

2. juliecook profile image73
    juliecookposted 5 years ago

We have a real Christmas tree - my children would be very disappointed if I were to buy a fake tree.

aviannoviceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

When I was a kid, i would have been disappointed with a synthetic, too.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

This year because we are in the midst of settling my husband's mother's estate, our house is full of different things, furniture, knick-knacks etc.  So this year I got a little 2 ft artificial desktop tree and made ornaments. It is just too crowded at the moment to drag in the bigger tree.

4. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

aviannovice,

Our family has always put up real Christmas trees. There's something about the pine scent... It's funny, because I don't like it any other time of the year. With a real tree though, you have to concern yourself with watering, and possible leakage problems. I thought I had a leak in my stand, but it was my cats that had been running around under there (they love it under there), and they were dragging the tree skirt into the water.
    It's great fun going out to the tree farm that's all covered in snow, and taking the hay ride out to cut down a tree. I love sipping the hot cider in the cafe filled with apples, and pastries. It's quite the holiday outing.
    Lisa

Yes, Lisa, those are sure great times when it is time to pick out the tree.  I always used to go with dad to pick out the tree in the woods out back.  He always got a good one.

5. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Synthetic. I hate those needles everywhere. We already have four cats that shed, we do not need a tree to do so as well. Also, both of us are allergic to real ones. That's a real downer of the holidays. Being allergic to most Christmas scents.

I heard that some people are so sensitive to pine trees that they get respiratory problems.  Sorry that you must endure the allergies.

6. multiculturalsoul profile image85
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

At the moment, we have nothing. We are waiting for our son to come home from college to put up a real tree, and I fear we'll have our choice of "Charlie Brown" trees by then.

I grew up with artificial trees that smelled like the box, and though I am still finding needles stuck to our carpet from the last 18 trees, I wouldn't have it any other way.

7. Nettlemere profile image91
    Nettlemereposted 5 years ago

I have none at all, I just can't get up an enthusiasm for decorating and I live by myself so no one else to disappoint!

I plan to have a few lights on the outside of the house.

working