jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is your menu for your family Christmas meal?

1. grumpiornot profile image71
    grumpiornotposted 5 years ago

What is your menu for your family Christmas meal?

We are doing five small courses - we can enjoy them over an extended period of time and exchange gifts between courses.
    First: Prawn, avocado and citrus salad, with walnut oil dressing.
    Second: Medley of wild mushrooms on bruscetta, with sweet roasted baby tomatoes.
    Third: Singed salmon on a bed of sweet lentils with bacon bits and green pepper sauce.
    Fourth: Pear and almond tartlet, with a mocha cream pots.
    Fifth: Assorted cheese board with coffee.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7500345_f260.jpg

2. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

It doesn't make any difference to me as long as there's pumpkin pie with whip cream on top waiting for desert at the end.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

With my side of the family, typical Christmas dinner with glazed ham, creamy mashed potatoes, creamed corn, oreo pie, apple pie, etc. With my mother-in-law, there is a fried turkey, caserole (which I can't stand), mashed potatoes with chunks of something in it, sweet potatoes with marshmellows on top (what's wrong with regular sweet potatoes?), etc.
    When it is just me and my husband, we have smoked ham, potatoes with herbs, sausage balls, three different breads and rolls, coffee with rum, and a dessert of chocolate mousse and cheesecake.

1. grumpiornot profile image71
      grumpiornotposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your comment - I have heard of putting marshmellows on sweet potato, but cannot get my head around the concept... it sounds quite peculiar.

2. lburmaster profile image83
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It makes the dish even sweeter. Sometimes too sweet...

working