jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When you celebrate a holiday, is it for your belief system or your family and fr

1. A Karpinski profile image78
    A Karpinskiposted 4 years ago

When you celebrate a holiday, is it for your belief system or your family and friends?

My family celebrates all of the major Christian holidays (Easter, Christmas, etc), but we aren't religious at all. We do it so that we can connect with our family, enjoy each other's company, and be together. And I don't think it's wrong at all to treat holidays more as a way to bring families closer together.
    What do you think? Do you celebrate holidays for religious purposes, or for family reasons?
    Do you think people who aren't religious should stray away from religious holidays?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Myself, I celebrate all religious holidays in honor of God and or Jesus Christ to show my gratitude for what he has done for us all. This of course involves family getting together for the same reason.

With that said, I do not think people should stray away from the holidays at all. We are all free to celebrate as we see fit. It all boils down to freedom of choice.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

We use holidays to gather and get together and to celebrate because they are part of our religion. I do think people who aren't religious should stay away from religious holidays, but then again, it does give a good reason to see the family because your boss is more likely to give you time off for that. As long as you don't really celebrate the holiday, it should be fine.

4. ketage profile image82
    ketageposted 4 years ago

I think everyone should celebrate as many holidays with family as they can, whether it be a religious holiday, or a countries holiday, such as labor day.
    As long as it brings the family together its a good thing.

working