jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do you think a father is important in children's lives?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

Why do you think a father is important in children's lives?

A father figure so to speak.

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

From a little boy's point of view a father can teach him how to become a man and take on traditional male responsibilities. He can also prepare him for (competing) with other boys/men for key positions in life whether it be in sports or in life.
    From a little girl's point of view her father can show her how she should be treated by men. He is the first man in her life. He sets the "standard" for which men she dates will be measured. He can also prepare her for how men think at various stages in their lives. 
    For example most teenage boys and young men in their 20s are not looking to settle down and "become their parents"! When they say, "I love you" it doesn't mean and shouldn't mean we're getting married. A father can teach his daughter how to tell when a man has his stuff together and is actually in a position to take on the responsibilities that come with marriage and raising a family. Very often it's age 30+.

3. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 4 years ago

There are some things a man can teach a child and there are some things that a woman can teach a child, so a father is just as important as the mother.

4. profile image51
    pinapple123posted 4 years ago

I have no clue. But I am in my kid's life because he gives meaning to my existence, and I want to reciprocate.

5. kess profile image61
    kessposted 4 years ago

Every single thing, originates and receives their identity from the concept of Father as it joins and interacts with the concept of mother.

The only goal of the Father then is to show and preserve the integrity of the father and mother each as a singular individual and as singular unity as in marriage.

By this sons will retain their own integrity as sons by being true fathers and daughters retain theirs by being true mothers.

6. janiek13 profile image78
    janiek13posted 4 years ago

I think that a father is very important in a child's life in that it will balance the influence that a child receives. There are some instances when no father is better than the child's father, when that child's father is self centered and doesn't know how to nurture said child. I know this from very painful experience,