jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why is it that when Halloween comes around it is usually marked with orange and

1. cherylone profile image93
    cheryloneposted 4 years ago

Why is it that when Halloween comes around it is usually marked with orange and black colors?

Just like the colors orange and brown bring on thoughts of cool winds and Thanksgiving.  Why those colors?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7343984_f260.jpg

2. PositronWildhawk profile image79
    PositronWildhawkposted 4 years ago

The colors orange and black can be traced back to the occult. They were connected to the commemorative masses for the dead, which were held in November. The unbleached beeswax candles used in the various ceremonies were orange. The ceremonial caskets were covered in black cloths. So thank the Druids and the Celts for them.

Feng Shui-wise, these two colors are on the opposite energy spectrums, so to speak. Orange is a very lively and happy color, the color of fall bounty and the warmth of fire. Orange is often called the "social" color, as it creates the feng shui energy to promote lively conversations and good times in your home.

Black color, on the other hand, is the color of mystery and void. The color of a space with no beginning and no end, a space with an infinite creative energy incomprehensible to the human mind. Full of the feng shui energy of mystery and sophistication; black color also holds the energy of power and protection.

A perfect combination for Halloween.

1. cherylone profile image93
      cheryloneposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for that information, PositronWildhawk, I have often wondered about the colors and their meanings as they pertain to Halloween.

3. brblog profile image85
    brblogposted 4 years ago

I like PositronWildhawks answer and it gives some historical context but I also think that most people today simply associate Halloween with fall and you will find an array of fall earth tone colors in Halloween displays. Of course black is always going to be associated with the dark and scary things . . .

working