jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What is your favorite Christmas song and why?

1. elayne001 profile image71
    elayne001posted 4 years ago

What is your favorite Christmas song and why?

2. NornsMercy profile image60
    NornsMercyposted 4 years ago

I like "Christmas Time is Here", the Charlie Brown one. It's so peaceful and gives me a nostalgic feeling whenever I hear it, whether it's the instrumental or the vocal version. smile

3. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

I like all kinds of Christmas songs, from the traditional carols to the more obscure folk songs. Some of the seasonal pop songs are good too - perhaps the Pogues' Fairytale of New York has a distinctive edge, and John Lennon's Christmas Song for peace has a message we shouldn't ignore.

4. easylearningweb profile image92
    easylearningwebposted 4 years ago

For me it has to be Christmas Canon by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra because it's just so wonderful to listen to and beautifully orchestrated. I'm going to see TSO on December 21 and I can't wait!!!

But I have to mention two others: Another one of my all-time favorite is Sleigh Ride, the instrumental version by the Boston Pops Orchestra, also a great favorite!

And also, Mary Did You Know? This is a beautiful and lovely song which has been sung by many artists.

Happy Holidays to all!!!!!

1. elayne001 profile image71
      elayne001posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I always stop and reflect when I hear "Mary Did you Know". It is an amazing song.

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Since I'm not a Christian, I celebrate more of the Winter Solstice/Yule/Saturnalia concepts, and not Christmas.  Our yard is a holiday light show of just trees, candy canes and reindeer... wink
    Therefore, the holiday songs that appeal to me are the strictly secular and even humorous/irreverent ones, such as "Frosty the Snowman,"  good old Rudolph, and even the more modern, "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer."