jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is there anyone else out there who hates Christmas letters as much as I do?

1. mactavers profile image92
    mactaversposted 4 years ago

Is there anyone else out there who hates Christmas letters as much as I do?

I love getting Christmas cards, but Christmas letters make me want to drop friendships with those who send them.  I hate the two page single spaced letters, I won, I traveled, My children, My granddkids, My husband, My business.   I see the letters as bragging and insensitive to those unable to afford, unable to travel due to health and unmindful of those who do not have extended families.  I once heard that Christmas letters were historical records.  Ha, only if they contain both the good and bad events in an honest manner.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Thankfully I have never received one of those letters. I guess my family and friends aren't leading exciting enough lives.

1. profile image0
      christiananrkistposted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL! i must be in that boat as well.

3. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

With love and personal accolades from my heart. You follow one person here. I see a possible problem. I hate those damn letters too. But I love you.
    Please be loving with these folks that send them. Perhaps they need your attention more than you know.
    Perhaps they are from really lonely folks that live vicariously. And you could help them.
    I do believe that by you posting this you will get some good stuff that will help.
    but I still hate those letters even when they came from mom.

4. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 4 years ago

Insensitive? that kind of a strong word just for someone telling you about a trip. should i not tell people i drive to work because they may not be able to afford a car? or worse maybe they dont have a job. talk about walking on egg shells with every move we make

1. mactavers profile image92
      mactaversposted 4 years agoin reply to this

One trip or even two would not be a problem, but ten of them?  I'll stand by bragging and insensitive

2. profile image0
      christiananrkistposted 4 years agoin reply to this

i guess it could be. i dont know this person you obviously know personally. if i did that much traveling i would probably talk about too though. i dont think i would see a reason not to.

working