jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

If you celebrated Christmas, were there children at your gathering?

1. Laura Schneider profile image93
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

If you celebrated Christmas, were there children at your gathering?

If so, did those children make the celebration more fun, less, or no different than an adult-only Christmas gathering?

2. XactScienZ profile image67
    XactScienZposted 4 years ago

Yes, my daughter. Best experience ever, to see your child's face light up when they realize Santa left them something special under the tree.

Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are SO lucky! I agree--watching kids' faces light up at presents is amazing and makes you feel young again, too. (Plus you sometimes get to "help" them play with their new toys...) LOL

3. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Not yet. They skyped on Christmas Day. My 2 year old grand son is used to skyping with his Texas grandparents.   He did not like seeing us one dimensional. He is used to us being there.  He finally decided since he didn't know what else to say to us holding his dogs, he reverted to the sentence that never fails.  He said, "Chew Choo", and turned to his new Thomas the Train.     When they come home we will celebrate with them on New Years day.  They will have way better gifts from their other grand parents, but we can give them the gift of time.   The kids make everything more fun.

Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Fun glimpse into your special time! Thanks for sharing!

4. Diana Grant profile image93
    Diana Grantposted 4 years ago

I can't ever remember a Christmas without children - always spend it with my family, always my children or grandchildren present.  I think it's more fun than adults only.
    We usually play games, like charades, pictionary, Jengo, and that game where someone sticks a label on your head with a famous name on it, and you have to guess who you are by asking questions, and everyone else sees your label except you, and you see everyone else's label except your own.
    It brings up some surprises too - like finding out that my 21-year-old grandson couldn't guess that he was Vladimir Putin, because he said he'd never heard of him. One wonders what they teach University students these days!

working