jump to last post 1-27 of 27 discussions (27 posts)

HubMob Weekly topic: Chinese New Year

1. Princessa profile image85
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

HubMob Weekly topic: Chinese New Year

2. Beth100 profile image75
    Beth100posted 8 years ago

Chinese New Year is just around the corner, and it is celebrated with a feast on New Year's Eve. Recipes include egg drop soup, kung pao chicken, lemon chicken, chicken fried rice, Chinese almond cookies and Chinese egg tarts.  Enjoy the meal starting from the soup to finishing with a sweet treat! As there are many dialects in the Chinese language, I will use Cantonese to say: “Gung hay fat choy” (may you become prosperous) and “sun nien fai lok” (Happy New Year)! read more

3. Stevennix2001 profile image91
    Stevennix2001posted 8 years ago

Chinese Zodiac in honor of the chinese new year. read more

4. vox vocis profile image82
    vox vocisposted 8 years ago

Expand your general knowledge reading interesting things about the Chinese calendar, Chinese New Year and Chinese zodiac. Find out who are the famous tiger people and what are the predictions for the emerging Year of the Tiger! read more

5. febriedethan profile image77
    febriedethanposted 8 years ago

The Year of Tiger istockphoto  This year, the Chinese New Year will be celebrate it along with the Valentine's Day and many of youngsters in my country will be confuse, they are going to spend the day with their girlfriends or family haha, but I... read more

6. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 8 years ago

The Chinese Calender follows a cyclic system where it uses an animal each for a year for 12 years before they get repeated. The twelve animals each have their own characteristics and the year of your birth will make you inherit the peculiarities of... read more

7. Purple Perl profile image56
    Purple Perlposted 8 years ago

Chinese New Year or Spring
    Festival is being celebrated this 2010 on 14 th February coinciding with Valentine's
    Day. Called the YEAR Of THE TIGER, this year heralds positiveness.
    Traditions, superstitions and family togetherness mark the two week... read more

8. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 8 years ago

Dragon and Lion Dances : Part of Chinese Festivities and New Year Celebration
    The dragon and the lion dances are the two most famous part of Chinese celebration and it is anticipated by many people attending different Chinese festivities.... read more

9. shazwellyn profile image55
    shazwellynposted 8 years ago

Do you have an interest in Chinese wisdom? This article focuses on this plus the I Ching and the meanings of the Chinese New Year Symbols. What is your destiny? Learn here! read more

10. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image71
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

Chinese New Year is celebrated for about fifteen days. Years reflecting Chinese Zodiac signs Dog, Pig, Rooster, Dragon, Ox, Sheep, Horse, Rabbit, Snake, Monkey, Rat, and Tiger. read more

11. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 8 years ago

Have you ever wonder what are the meanings of colors? Well in China, there are meanings to every color. The traditions and culture of the Chinese people are the subjects of so many studies and understanding by a lot of other people outside their... read more

12. febriedethan profile image77
    febriedethanposted 8 years ago

The Chinese New Year will never be complete without the traditional dishes along with it. The ones below are the traditional dishes that usually serve in Indonesian Chinese family during the Chinese new Year, the main dishes are common with other... read more

13. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 8 years ago

This article is full of information about the Chinese New Year. The elaborate costumes and Chinese floats are displayed, plus the purpose of the celebration is explained. read more

14. Pamela99 profile image88
    Pamela99posted 8 years ago

Chinese New Year - Lavish Splendor of Costume Design

I chose to write about the clothing for the celebration as the fabrics, colors, designs and accessories are absolutely breathtaking.  The costumes for the Chinese New Year are an intricate part of their celebration.  I was fortunate enough to have a silk jacket made to my exact size when my son went to China, and the workmanship is fabulous.  I sent my measurements in advance of his trip and it fits perfectly, so the costuming seemed a logical choice for my hub.

15. Faybe Bay profile image73
    Faybe Bayposted 8 years ago

I worked in a Chinese restaurant called Asia Garden, when I was seventeen. The place was run by a married couple, Anne and Danny Hom. He was from Cleveland, Ohio, but Anne was from the Cantonese Province of China.
    I can tell you I was told they... read more

16. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

Korea is a Far Eastern peninsula country that has been invaded by nearly every other society around it. Indigenous peoples from norhtern Asia either invaded or moved into Korea and brought their cultures. Some DNA tracking evidence links the peoples of Korea to those of Altai, Manchuria, Lappland ... read more

17. bekaze profile image79
    bekazeposted 8 years ago

described in many articles, Chinese celebrate Lunar New Year which falls on different
    dates between January 21 and February 20. This year it falls on 14 Februar,2010.
    It will be year 4708 and it is a year of metal tiger. 

Chinese, the new... read more

18. anglnwu profile image90
    anglnwuposted 8 years ago

Chinese New Year celebrates the coming of spring. The festivities that come with Chinese New Year bring much joy and excitement. Having moved away from Singapore, I miss the occasion terribly. read more

19. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 8 years ago

Lucky and Unlucky Numbers in Chinese Culture
    The study of Chinese culture is very interesting because they have so much superstitions and beliefs like numerology, using the laws of heaven and earth (astronomy and geography) -- "feng shui", choice... read more

20. N. Ramius profile image69
    N. Ramiusposted 8 years ago

The Chinese Lantern festival, a time of celebration to conclude the Chinese New Year. It fallas as always on the 15th day of the first lunar month, a full moon. Whether seeking an origin story or a Yuan Xiao dumpling recipe, they can bothe be found within. read more

21. Money Glitch profile image79
    Money Glitchposted 8 years ago

This hub was
    composed to highlight favorite rituals
    on Chinese New Year’s Eve for individuals like myself that desire to learn
    more about the traditions, rituals, and symbolisms of this Asian holiday.  The Chinese New Year’s celebration... read more

22. Chuck profile image90
    Chuckposted 8 years ago

Dogs have long been helpers and pets for people everywhere.  The Chinese recognize this by celebrating Day 2 of the Chinese New Year celebration as the birthday of dogs.  Here is one dog's celebration read more

23. LensMan999 profile image51
    LensMan999posted 8 years ago

Falling on the second week of February, Chinese New year is considered as a lucky time to have successfully conquered the old confrontations in life and to welcome the new with “happiness”, “wealth”, and “longevity”. Literally a... read more

24. Lamme profile image64
    Lammeposted 8 years ago

Vietnamese Celebration read more

25. Chuck profile image90
    Chuckposted 8 years ago

Tigers are one of the animals in the Chinese Zodiac  for which years in Chinese calendar are named.  Tigers face extinction and many fear they may vanish before the next Year of Tiger in 2022. read more

26. Chuck profile image90
    Chuckposted 8 years ago

Globalization and modern communications are bringing the world closer together and causing more customs and traditions to be shared.  But sometimes a popular new holiday from abroad conflicts with an existing holiday as with Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year. read more

27. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

Chinese Lunar New Year Festival is just around the corner. But are you aware of the traditions, customs, and taboos associated with this holiday season? 2012 is the year of the Dragon .... read more