jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How do you or your family celebrate Halloween, besides wearing costumes or going

1. AliciaC profile image99
    AliciaCposted 3 years ago

How do you or your family celebrate Halloween, besides wearing costumes or going trick-or-treating?

Do you celebrate Halloween in a different or an additional way? If so, what do you do?

2. profile image0
    belizaposted 3 years ago

We love to decorate the house with cute Halloween decorations and candles.

AliciaCposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This sounds like great fun!

3. wabash annie profile image82
    wabash annieposted 3 years ago

When I was growing up on the farm, we celebrated it as an end of summer and harvest festival with family and neighbors.  Fruit trees were trimmed of dead branches and piled up.  Dead leaves were raked and added to the dead wood, then we had a bonfire.  When coals remained, we roasted hot dogs, ate home made donuts, and drank home made apple cider.  We still try to retain elements of this celebration ... lots of dried fruits and vegetables, apple cider, home made donuts, hot dogs, and marshmallows.  Family and friends are an important part of this celebration now too.

This sounds like a very enjoyable way to celebrate Halloween. I love the idea of incorporating it into a harvest festival.

4. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 3 years ago

It's a big season for us because my kids love the secular Halloween stuff, but it also coincides with our religious holiday Samhain in which we honor our ancestors.

We always go to Halloween parties, and to the Halloween party at Disney World in October. And on Halloween day I let them out about an hour or so to trick or treat.

But then they come home and we have prayers and religious observances, a big feast and such. And sometimes we go to community religious rituals (usually the weekend closest to the holiday).

This sounds like a great way to celebrate the season with both spirituality and fun!

working