jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

What is your favorite treat to eat at Halloween, not counting candy?

1. AliciaC profile image99
    AliciaCposted 3 years ago

What is your favorite treat to eat at Halloween, not counting candy?

Do you or your family have a traditional meal, dessert or snack that you eat at Halloween? If so, what is it and why do you like it?

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Pumpkin baked oatmeal.
    http://lisavollrath.hubpages.com/hub/pu … ed-oatmeal

It's oatmeal and whatever you like to put on it, cooked inside a sugar pumpkin. What's not to like?

AliciaCposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I love your recipe, Lisa!

2. lisavollrath profile image97
      lisavollrathposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I love it, too. I made my annual pumpkin baked oatmeal last week. I might sneak another one in, if I can find another little pumpkin this weekend.

3. Arco Hess Designs profile image71
    Arco Hess Designsposted 3 years ago

Halloween themed sugar cookies are fantastic! I love to eat the ghosts. nom nom nom

Eating ghosts sounds like a great idea!

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 3 years ago

I usually make a pot a chili we can eat spoon by spoon between trick or treaters at the door. Adds to the feeling of Fall here in the south where it can still be warm the end of October.

A bowl of chili sounds like a tasty and nourishing meal for Halloween. Thanks for the idea.

2. Faith Reaper profile image89
      Faith Reaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I love chili this time of year too!  I like mine a bit spicy with scallions and onions on top.  Great idea.

5. Craan profile image69
    Craanposted 3 years ago

Awh, what fun is that! I only like to eat candy for Halloween, my favorite is candy corn.

I love candy corn, too!

6. hostaguy profile image75
    hostaguyposted 3 years ago

The doctor won't let me eat sugar anymore :-(  That's ok I like homemade soup and bread or better yet a batch of stuffed cabbage

Savory food can be delicious. Homemade soup and stuffed cabbage sound like tasty foods for Halloween.

7. Denise Cole Aparo profile image75
    Denise Cole Aparoposted 3 years ago

Nice ideas!  Great hub!  I like corn chowder and anything pumpkin!  I stay away from the Halloween candy!  Maybe a nice Cabernet to go with the chowder...try Apothic Dark (limited release California 2013 - dark fruits; blueberry, blackberry with opulent notes of coffee and dark chocolate).  It is rich and smooth and has a Halloween themed 'gothic look' label!

These are great ideas.

8. easylearningweb profile image90
    easylearningwebposted 3 years ago

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. It's fun to try to make some homemade for family and friends and this year, I added some extra chocolate chips for eyes and shaped the cookies like skeleton faces....lots of fun!

That does sound like fun!

working