jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

How do you celebrate Christmas?

1. thomasczech profile image64
    thomasczechposted 3 years ago

How do you celebrate Christmas?

How do you celebrate Christmas? Many people have their own special way while others do the basic standard things.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11986533_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

My family celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ. The true reason for the season.

1. Zelkiiro profile image94
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's not what the question was about, and you know it. They're asking for specific things you do, like go to dinners or sing Christmas carols or have Christmas plays at your church and whatnot.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I answered the question at hand. Just because you do not like the answer does not make it wrong!

3. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Typically in the days before, I binge on Christmas movies, including some that not everyone else indulges in (Die Hard, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Tokyo Godfathers, Gremlins). Usually by myself.

On Christmas Eve, everyone in the family goes up to either my grandma's house or my aunt's house, and we schmooze all night and exchange a few gifts before heading back home.

On the day itself, everyone exchanges their gifts and then we watch a bunch of Christmas movies together (typically A Christmas Story, Home Alone, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)).

And that's that. Fun times, fun times.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Pretty standard stuff - my Mom and brother usually come to our house on Christmas Eve and spend the night. My wife's family lives closer so they come over on Christmas morning and we are all together for the day. After we open gifts the kids play with their new stuff, we watch some Christmas cartoons on TV, then have a nice family dinner.
    We're usually exhausted by the time everyone goes home but it's worth it.

5. Robert the Bruce profile image62
    Robert the Bruceposted 3 years ago

Christmas (or any other holiday really) just doesn't get me all that excited. But since life isn't all about me and I have a family, we always travel to the home of my in-laws several hours away. They are big into Christmas and my wife enjoys all the aspects of this holiday. So, I enjoy the family time and food mostly. There is never any wine at Christmas time though, since my in-laws are committed tee-totalers.    smile

6. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

It changes every year really as my family and my husband's family both live far away and in different areas. So one year we spend Christmas with my family, the next we spend it with my husband's family, the next we stay here. Generally though it's pretty standard stuff like Christmas movies, looking at all the Christmas lights around the neighborhood, baking, big dinners, etc. I love Christmas. smile

7. WheelerWife profile image89
    WheelerWifeposted 3 years ago

I love Christmas! We typically spend Christmas Eve with a dinner at my grandma's house - everyone brings a potluck item or a pass around appetizer. We stay at my parents' house that  night. Then the next day we open gifts, have a yummy breakfast, go to mass, and hang with the family.

8. thomasczech profile image64
    thomasczechposted 3 years ago

Thanks for your answers. We celebrate on the 24th. We speak about the birth, life and death of Christ. My adult sons and my parents come to my house for dinner, and games. It is just myself and my youngest son who lives with me, so it is nice to have everyone over to spend the day with.
    Again, thanks for all your answers and taking the time and answering my curiosity smile

working