jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Do you know? It is Akshaya Tritiya today in India. God bless you all with abunda

1. Venkatachari M profile image56
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

Do you know? It is Akshaya Tritiya today in India. God bless you all with abundance and prosperity.

Akshaya means that which has no depletion or exhaustion. Tritiya is the third day of the month. Today is third day of Baisakhi month. It is considered to be auspicious to buy Gold (or at least silver) on this day and place it before Goddess Lakshmi. Goddess will bestow it with never ending prosperity and abundance. Your prosperity will grow for ever with Her grace by doing so. This is what we Hindus (most of us) believe.

2. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago

Interesting of many different customs, My God made the gold and silver he gave it to us. Your God requires you to give it to them , what a Difference.

1. Venkatachari M profile image56
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It does not mean in this way. The point here is that this is the auspicious time for purchasing Gold and Silver. Placing it before God is for obtaining Her blessings. God is a giver. Not a taker. Your prosperity grows with the blessings obtained.

2. Kiss andTales profile image80
      Kiss andTalesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Interesting but I must ask you questions,  gold being extremely high what if you do not have the money to give gold to this god ?
      And what is the history or background of this godess,?

3. Venkatachari M profile image56
      Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It is not necessary. You can offer anything or simply seek the help or blessings of God. I said it is our faith and belief only. For more details, I refer you to this link which I found just now.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akshaya_Tritiya

working