jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Happy Raksha Bandhan Celebrations!!! Does anyone celebrate it?

1. Venkatachari M profile image57
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

Happy Raksha Bandhan Celebrations!!! Does anyone celebrate it?

Today is Raksha Bandhan Festival, the festival of bondage among brothers and sisters. So, I would like to wish you, all my sisters here on Hubpages, with a lengthy, forever happy life. May God bless you all with protection and prosperity.

2. cam8510 profile image96
    cam8510posted 2 years ago

I had never heard of Raksha Bandhan, but I did some quick reading.  It is fascinating and is celebrated by a wide variety of people.  Enjoy the celebration.  This is such a positive celebration.  It would be nice to observe it here in the US.

Venkatachari Mposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Glad to see you making some quick search also before commenting at this. It is really a good occasion for expressing the love and bondage between siblings. There is my own article on it on my blog at this link: http://vnktchari.blogspot.in/2013/08/ra

3. integrater profile image60
    integraterposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12613682_f260.jpg

A very Happy Rakshabandhan to you too . It is a bond that withstands the test of time and can never be broken.

Thank you. That's nice you know its essence.

2. MarieLB profile image83
      MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are so right about that bond.  My sister, my brother and I were all raised by different uncles and aunts [parents died young].  We are quite different yet our bond grew stronger as we aged.  I wish we had such a custom to celebrate it!

3. Venkatachari M profile image57

That's nice to hear, Marie. You can just get together yearly once or like that and celebrate some kind of joy showing your affections and love.

4. Ragini Vashya profile image60
    Ragini Vashyaposted 2 years ago

I celebrated Raksha Bandhan when I was in India.  I loved to pick and choose best ones for my brothers:)

Now, you must be missing a lot as well as your brothers also.

5. m abdullah javed profile image79
    m abdullah javedposted 2 years ago

Thank you so much for remembering us Venkat Sir. I highly admire this festival of Raksha Bandhan, I would regard it as one of the best festivals. The ritual allows a brother to show his love and trust towards his sisters.Truely, sisters deserves our love and trust, that they shouldn't feel lonely in the ups and downs of their lives. Wishing you and all the family members a very happy Raksha Bandhan, wish we could have such festival of assurance for husband and wife too. smile

That's great. Thanks for the feedback and affection.

working