Jews of Hubpages, What should I wear to Kol Nidre services tomorrow? What to exp

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Jews of Hubpages, What should I wear to Kol Nidre services tomorrow? What to expect?

I will be attending my very first high holiday like service tomorrow night at a synagogue I have never been to. It is a conservative synagogue. I do not own dresses. Can any Jews or people who know a good bit about Jewish services advise what I should wear. Will dress pants and a dress shirt do? Are there commonalities that all of these services usually have. Am I correct in thinking it will likely just be a couple hours of singing Hebrew I don't understand? Very nervous about it.

2. Craftypicks profile image87
    Craftypicksposted 2 years ago

Pants are fine as long as they aren't ripped jeans. A nice blouse with long sleeves is required. Make up and jewelry too. Put your hair up in a conservative style and your fine. I am Jewish and I don't know Hebrew. You just follow along like you would in Church. There is nothing to really do except be bored then eat.  Don't be surprised if men sit on one side and women on the other. Some Temples are like that.  The books are there so there is nothing to bring. Good luck. They will probably require you to cover your head. They provide the covering in most Temples.  It looks like something your Grandmother would put on a coffee table under the bowl of fruit.

1. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Ok Thank you. I was thinking dress pants and a nice sweater (60's temps tomorrow night which is chilly for us). I planned for makeup but did not plan on wearing jewelry. I didn't even think of that. Thanks again!

working