jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What's the best gift to give someone who loves poetry and wants to be better at

1. profile image59
    Melinda Kelstromposted 2 years ago

What's the best gift to give someone who loves poetry and wants to be better at it?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image97
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

I would get him a book of poetry, like '101 Famous Poems' by Roy J. Cook. The more he reads great poems, the more inspired he will be. He will begin to develop a love for certain poetic forms, which will encourage him to write poems. Also, get him a very nice blank page journal to write his best poems in.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

I agree with Phyllis.  Get him or her a book of poetry.   Poetry serves a multiplicity of good 'spin offs,' apart from the joy of reading it.   You can develop the ability to present well in public speaking as you use the pause to effect.   You will develop your ability to visualize and to use other senses.  You will become more sensitive as you pick up on the deeper meanings of the poem.   You'll develop empathy with not only the poet but probably with humanity at large.   Yes, buy  a book on poetry.   Phyllis gives good advice.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image97
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Tom. I like the creative qualities one can develop from reading poetry, as you so well expressed..

4. profile image57
    GabiGailposted 2 years ago

If you are looking for a gift for someone likes poetry I would get them a couple small journals. I love poetry and writing and am always looking for new journals and notebooks to write in even though it seems like I have hundreds; a writer can never have enough.

working