jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have any special Halloween traditions?

1. Alyssa Nichol profile image96
    Alyssa Nicholposted 18 months ago

Do you have any special Halloween traditions?

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13225483_f260.jpg

Yes, I DEFINTELY DO.  I play some spookily ethereal music.  Midnight Syndicate has some excellent ghoulish album.  Also Nox Arcana has otherworldly themed music.  I also play 100 Hits-Halloween music.  I also devote late October-middle November to watch horror movies-Rosemary's Baby, Horror Hotel, Bram Stoker's Dracula, & Black Sunday are my favorites.

Alyssa Nicholposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Great ideas! I read the original Bram Stoker's Dracula last year and absolutely loved it! I have hesitated at watching the movie, but I may have to give it a try. smile

3. Amanda108 profile image91
    Amanda108posted 17 months ago

I watch movies that I specifically save for this time of year! Hocus Pocus and my childhood favorite, Halloweentown. The horror series "Scream" and the somewhat-recent Halloween film "Trick r Treat." And of course John Carpenter's original Halloween! Also special Halloween episodes of sitcoms and cartoons.

Though it's just watching TV, the tradition of all these stories is important to me. I enjoy them, they take me back to childhood in the sense of wonder and magic possibilities (even scary ones), and they just help me "feel" Halloween.

I usually also try to read a Halloween book, sometimes something familiar but often I'll spend September contemplating choices for a new read that I'll order from Amazon, whether it's a new book of Halloween short stories or a classic horror novel.

Alyssa Nicholposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Great ideas!

working