jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What's a good gift for a boyfriend or husband?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 15 months ago

What's a good gift for a boyfriend or husband?

Guys are hard to shop for - what's the best gift you've given your boyfriend or hubby?

2. gregas profile image81
    gregasposted 15 months ago

A gift card is the best gift. It doesn't seem very personal, but if he likes to work with tools one for Lowe's or such. If he is tech savvy, then one for Best Buy or such. That way he can get exactly what he wants or needs. I know of several times I have received something I couldn't even use but had to pretend like it was great. I just don't feel that buying anyone a gift they have no use for. Now, if you know exactly what someone wants or needs then get that. Otherwise a gift card or even cash is a great gift. Anyway, that is how I feel. Good luck.

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 15 months ago

My husband was easy to shop for. He had two major hobbies, computers and model trains, and a number of smaller ones so there was always something he was lusting over but wouldn't buy for himself. There were also events that he enjoyed going to that took place at different times of the year that I would give him an IOU for in a small envelope. The IOU was blank and open ended and he could choose any event he wanted to go to and I would cover the tickets and other expenses of the event (he also gave me one). These were our personal gifts to each other and the great thing about it was that  because it was at different times during the year it didn't interfere with plans either family had for the holidays. It also kept nosy family members from knowing all of our business--which people seem to think they're entitled to know around Christmas.

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 15 months agoin reply to this

My husband and I did IOUs one year but that was long ago and we were much younger. We loved them though!

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 15 months agoin reply to this

Yes, the idea of IOU's sometimes falls by the wayside as you gain more and more knowledge about each other and as finances become more comfortable. Sometimes though it becomes necessary to find ways to maintain some privacy in your life...

4. profile image60
    peter565posted 15 months ago

U can never go wrong with a tie or a suit (even if they don't wear it or like it, u can't go wrong with it/.)