My Hubs for You - A Guide to My Writing
I'm a kind of multidimensional person. My wife tells me she's from Venus (easy to believe, Sweetie!) and men are from Mars, but I'm from somewhere waaayyy out there! So it's kind of hard to contain all my ideas in this four-dimensional space-time playground we share.
I think in categories, hierarchies, and series. I write a lot, and, as I start the HubPages Apprentice Program on June 1, I'll be writing a lot more. I can hardly keep track of it all - so how will my readers know what's going on?
Some of you like to read about just one of my topics, like Zen or healthy food. Others may want to keep up with where my mind is flying. Either way, this annotated list of what I'm writing is here to help all of us find me!
I'm flying around somewhere!
Table of Contents
- What's new? What's next?
A guide to my newest and upcoming writing. Stay tuned!
- Global Society and Economics
The long view on where we are, and where we are headed
- Holistic Bodymind Healing
Here's how to be healthy and happy!
- Hubber Techniques
My inner geek is here to help. Here are some HubPages How-To's.
- HubPages - Celebrating Milestones
As I grow in HubPages, I share great hubs and Hubbers I meet, and how you can succeed along with me.
- HubPages Lessons and Inspirations
Hubpages offers so many tools and has so many moving parts. Here, I help you learn to write and succeed as part of the HubPages community.
Ready for a good laugh?
- Living a Mindful Life
Mindfulness, or Loving Awareness, is more than just a type of meditation, it's a way of living each breath with joy and wonder.
- Transformational Living
The more aware we are, the more we can heal, transform, and bring creativity and joy to life.
- Zen, Zen, and More Zen
Includes welcome to Zen; deeper meditations; and Zen inspirations.
What's new? What's next?
I wrote this hub in May 2012, right after celebrating my first 101 followers. Soon, I'll be starting the HubPages Apprenticeship Program, where they want us to focus on writing for income. That will include a lot in my professional field, Project Management. But some of my favorite topics, such as Zen, may be on hold until 2013.
Global Society and Economics
Our complicated world has been growing as a home for life for a few billion years. We people have enjoyed it - or made ourselves unhappy amidst nature's glories - for some millions of years. When I write about global society and economics, I like to take the long view, as I did in Welcome to the Fifth World.
Holistic Bodymind Healing
Helping all of us be whole and healthy has been a lifelong passion, and, for me, a necessity. I've recovered from lifelong disease, helped others heal incurable conditions such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, and survive fatal diagnoses. I want to share with everyone an awareness of the healing power that lies ready to awaken inside us all.
- Heal Yourself: The Most Effective Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Heal and Tow shares how we all can - and need to - heal ourselves from illness, then stay the course on the long road back to health.
- Is There a Right Way to Eat? explores the basics of nutritition, and how to create a unique, healthy diet that is all your own.
- Healing Demonic Posession, Mental Illness and Similar Challenges is the hub that started it all. My first hub gives a sense of my open-mindedness and multidimensional approach to life and its challenges.
- How Complicated We Are! is an exploration of the many levels on which we experience each moment of life - or, in this case, each piece of chocolate!
- What is a Miracle? is a hub inspired by a question, and sharing my two views - miracles as every moment of love, and miracles as moments of extraordinary happenings.
This is the first of three categories directly related to HubPages.
My inner geek is here to help! I learned how to write a Table of Contents from Darkside, in a hub he published four years ago. But I found a way to make it quick and easy, and I also wrote fun, precise instructions for those who find HTML scarier than a vampire. Check out Create a Table of Contents for Your Hub - Quick and Easy.
HubPages - Celebrating Milestones
One of my most profound principles is shared success. I believe that we all win together, and I celebrate my successes by celebrating the great Hubbers who got me here.
- Hubber Score: How I got a Hubber Score of 99 in two weeks - make that 100! celebrates my reaching 99, then 100, shortly after I started writing regularly, and also explains what a Hubber Score is and how you can raise yours.
- Hubs and Hubbers to Celebrate: My first 101 followers came about as an inspiration. I was excited to be closing in on 100 followers, but feeling bad because I didn't know all these great writers. And, as much as I would enjoy the writing, it felt too much like a chore to go through all those pages of links and hunt down great hubs. Then - Shazaam! - I got that I could write a hub letting everyone out there know about these wonderful Hubbers, and giving them a boost at the same time. Nothing gets my creative juices flowing like generosity, so I enjoyed two days of exploring and sharing the gifts these 101 Hubbers have to offer.
I look forward to sharing my next 100 followers, and beyond, but I may have to take a pause, as I'm not sure that these types of hubs can be posted while I'm in the HubPages Apprenticeship Program.
HubPages Lessons and Inspirations
I write about things that keep us Hubbing, and great features of HubPages. It's great to re-use my old skill of writing technical manuals into writing inspiring, easy, step-by-step guides to using great tools:
- The Hub Hopper: Six Reasons to Hop Hubs was my first really big success on HubPages. I actually wrote it to get something out while I was working on my Hubber Score article, which took a long time to write. But lots of people seem to appreciate it. That's good, because every Hubber should hop hubs!
- Hubber Score: How I got a Hubber Score of 99 in two weeks - make that 100! shares what I did to succeed in getting a top Hubber score, so you can do it to. (If this looks familiar, it's because you're reading this guide in order - this article fit in two sections, as celebration, and also lesson and inspiration. But just read it once - then write a new hub of your own!
Okay, this is new for me, but, so far, so good! That reminds me of a joke
A sqirrel saw a great nut hanging off a tree at the edge of a cliff. It looked so delicious that he couldn't resist the temptation, and he reached out for it at great risk to his life.
Oops! He slipped and fell over the edge of this 1000-foot cliff, straight down to certain death!
As he fell, he passed his friend Sparrow, who was sitting on a lonely, craggy branch halfway down the cliff, watching the georgeous sunset.
"Hello, Squirrel," said Sparrow brightly, "How are you today?"
"So far, so good," Said Squirrel, "Sooooo far, sooooooo gooooooooood!"
Falling doesn't hurt. It's just hitting bottom that's a pain.
If you didn't like that, maybe you shouldn't read:
Living a Mindful Life
Mindfulness, which I like to call Loving Awareness, is the first step of Buddhist meditation. But it's not just navel gazing. It is a way of living with an open heart and clear mind each and every day, out in the world. I like to write about that.
- Continuous Prayer Throughout the Day looks at both Eastern and Western approaches to mindfulness.
- Half-Conscious Living makes an important point for people who meditate, but who don't take transformation to the next level, and clear away the cobwebs.
- It's Not Good, It's Not Bad, But It's Not Me is about living with wisdom and discernment, and letting go of judgment.
Life, for me, is all about growing and change - the more consciously, the better. Here's a start, and I'll be writing more as time goes on:
- The Power of a Name is about what it might mean to choose your own name for yourself.
Let's keep growing and changing - into joy and wonder!
Zen, Zen, and More Zen
Okay, at last, we come to my favorite topic. Zen is at the bottom of the alphabet, but it's the beginning of everything for me. Zen is simply a type of meditation that begins with mindfulness, adds a deep commitment to knowing ourselves, brings energy, joy, and peace, and focuses all our energy on self-transformation, so that we become freely open to Love and Wisdom. At least, that's how I see it. I've been a Zen practitioner for over 30 years, and a meditation teacher for 25.
Welcome to Zen
This series, which I've just started, opens the door to Zen life and practice. I hopep to shatter a few illusions and popular misunderstandings about Zen along the way.
- Living the Zen Life introduces the primary relationship between the Zen practitioner and his or her meditation practice, and the optional relationship with a meditation instructor or Zen teacher.
Zen - Deeper Meditations
This section has both a Zen perspective on life and also thoughts for the intermediate to advanced meditation practitioner.
- Seeing True: Insight, Foresight, and Hindsight is a Zen Buddhist perspective on seeing the present, the future, and the past. It does not require meditation experience: It is an enjoyable - and I hope insightful! - read for anyone.
Living in the moment is a big part of Zen, as is creativity and artistic work. Here, I share what comes through.
- The Zen Student Knows the Way Home is a message from a dream I had to you, encouraging you to trust your own inner wisdom.