- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
On Why This Poet Is So Awesome!
My muses and If wanted to search in the mind of this writer and why he has the ability to pen down words that can touch our own heart. We decided to make a stop in Canada. Again?
This area in Montreal is called Pointe-Saint-Charles , or the Point. A city that became a slum born from the Industrial Revolution of the 1860's. What we learnt is that this area was a share cropping Farm where Nuns built this Maison Saint Gabriel. If you read between the words and the city names you will..or can imagine that with no doubt, it became a melting pot of Irish, French Canadians and European immigrants(Italians, Polish) that wanted to make a future for themselves.
Churches from all denominations were built all over the area. Now this future Writer was exposed to so many intellectual sources. Surviving as an everyday goal shared with his half a dozen peers...and, 'the bogey man either in his closet or under his bed.' With a mother(mum) that for some reason wanted to move at least every 2 years. Food was fine...hmmm, macaroni, spaghetti, beans, ham, corn beef hash (spam) soup, stews, pigs feet, pea soup and cereal...and later on when cash was available Hamburgers and Hot dogs
. For some reason God and his angels were looking after him. On confirmation day, when he had his first baby, or when probably he kept a Bible from his local Church...wait a minute, did he steal it?
But that Black and white TV from the 1960's didn't cut it. The streets were better, Yo-yo contests... and Hockey games with no end. Fun after fun; no cable, no Nintendo, just the desire to live your existence.
Imagine him at 9 years old and on Valentine's day...he made a card for this little friend by the name of Wendy Forsyth, filled with pictures of little hearts and cupids. Now, He didn't know that she made one for him too (aww!)...but both were too shy to give them to one another. By God's grace, Angels hinted their friends and took care of the exchange. He remembers the crimson look in his face(Goodness gracious! Kelly and Tammy and Linda, and Marissa)...when they both met in class. The lack of a Father made him stronger too. Well, strong enough to get expelled out from High School for dropping or...for throwing a desk from the second floor classroom window. Ouch!!
Now, you are running the streets and nothing is stopping you, you don't even care much about schooling until one day he happens to be delivering some clothes for an old couple. He was exposed to the riches and...maybe he loved painting so much and his muses were growing with him. Soaking wet and hungry, he was offered some wonderful soup. He was beginning to believe in Guardian angels and probably heal from the brutality of this 'Sir' that was around his mum. Starting to heal from the pain that was in his heart, knowing that his only puppy by the name of Blacky was killed brutally by this Monster.
Now you see this friend exposed to all variety of experiences and senses. Pain, love, care, redemption. Well, at times he had to play his tough role in order to survive. There are so much to say from his biography, but we wanted to know the man behind the Quill. Ladies and Gentlemen...with out much ado and a green pea soup...
WHY SADDLERIDER1, KENNY OR, OUR 'BEST FRIEND', IS SO AWESOME!
- He is the Poet of Poets in the realm of Hub Pages
- He is a man with a heart
- He can bully you into loving him..even if you don't notice it
- He has made so many women sigh...(Long list..sorry!)
- He'd rather eat a homemade soup instead of a Sandwich
- He must've played as a stunt for Sean Connery and we never knew!!
- He wants to be an actor and probably will if he pass the word to some contacts
- He missed his Call to play a part in Kenny Rogers' video clip KEY LARGO!!
- He thinks is better to write with feeling than just feeling the writing
- He is a Christian since 1981
- He would never strike out at a woman with his fists and cause her bodily pain. Sorry ladies with an edge in intimacy... !
- He knows so well about the saying that...'every dog has its day' and...
- God acts in mysterious ways
- He has Mentors like George who passed in 92 and came back to him as his Muse when joining the Hubs and Mrs Schellenberg who taught him the value of the pen
- He learned to be a father in his own right
- He re-tweets your hubs and you don't even notice it, unless Melbel shouts it out##
- He has the biggest heart and
- When you become his friend, you better take his word
- Do not...!!Do not mention the words Dumbo around his 'fears.'
- We love him as a friend and he knows that
- He should have been given an especial award from HP for judging our creativity
- He believes that you will get accountable after you get your call from the 'Maker'
- If you invite him to dinner, he will check your Chandeliers and Portraits with certain nostalgia.... We can relate.
- He made a career as a truck driver; bye snow, bye away from home!
- We want to ask him, Who rides the Saddle?
- He has a repulse for old Bills, liquor and the stench of a miserable low life.
- He can actually feel your words and pen it down so well.
- His brother, separated at birth is Epiman! Different mums though.
- He can go from a good laugh to tears and back to giving you a hug! Wow it did rhym!
- He is a thankful man...after all!
- MARTIE COETSER POZYN is an adopted sister of his from cyberspace!!
Enjoy Kenny!!... Cheers!!
More Hubbers and Awesomeness
- On Why Melbel Is So Awesome!
We caught up with Melbel and her sister Julia last night. You might think Melanie Knows everything, but no!, Just to make her little sister feel important she asks technical questions that we adults cannot even have an idea of...or maybe we can try..
- What Makes Persons Using Hub Pages So Very Special?
What a question! We will try to be fair in answering this question by sharing our own experiences and vivid moments. Will be hard at times, but will be worth the try. Here we go, with a raw idea and a hypothetical script.
- 50 Reasons Why This Lady is So Awesome!!
After being kicked out off the AA plane... for throwing up on an old lady''s cold plate, we ended up in this city Called Brownsville, and asked the Taxi driver to take us to a decent Hotel. He suggested "LA QUINTA INN" and the story follows from here
- THE A-TEAM, AND ELITE S.W.A.T. WRITERS FROM HP
We are trying to take this task on Christmas eve evening taking our lap top to the attic, with Christmas decorations that didn't cut it for this National Lampoons night. We will find out right now about these talents..hidden behind the bits of memori
- 33 reasons why 'Effer' is so Awesome!
You might wonder who Effer is...? like Tammy asked us last night? Her name is Paula, and in half a year she has gained our admiration and support. She didn't know it until now, but she was on trail in our 'Realm.' What do you want to know about her?