- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing»
- Creative Writing»
- Humor Writing
20 Signs the Blind Date is Not Going Well
Is it too late to run away?
Dating can be such a stressful chore at times. Some people act as if dating is always a blast, but quite frankly, those people must not be dating the dudes I've met. Aside from the awkward first date, probably the most stressful date is the blind date.
Have you ever dated a person and within minutes you start to wonder if your friends secretly hate you? You begin to wonder if they really know you at all? Occasionally you have friends that just simply set you up with someone because you are single and their male friend is single. Often, you have nothing in common with this person at all. By the end of the date, you determine you need to find new friends.
I also consider online dating similar to the blind date. Let's face it, you are going out with someone you do not know whatsoever. You might both like the same movies, puppies, and long walks on the beach, but within mnutes, you know none of that makes a difference. This dude is not for you and you need to get out!
Let's go through a list of 20 signs the blind date is not going well. After all, it is funny now in hindsight. If not, I hope therapy is working out for you.
20 Signs the Blind Date is Not Going Well:
- Your date lets you know at 10 o'clock that it is past his curfew and mother will be upset.
- Your date lets you know how much you remind him of his mother.
- He brings his dog along on the date, feeds her from his plate, and tells you how she is the only woman for him.
- You are riding in the car with him and he mentions you are going on a long journey into the woods.
- Your date tells you he would like to show you where he hides the bodies.
- The waitress asks, "What would you and your dad like for dinner?"
- He brings his children along on the date.
- Even worse, he brings his ex-wife along on the date.
- He has conveniently "forgotten" his wallet. He then asks if you can run really fast.
- His cell phone sits on the table all night and he constantly answers it. Often, he argues into the phone with phrases like, "I told you I will have your money tomorrow! No! Wait... no!"
- He starts to argue in the same manner, but not into his phone. He is having a lively argument with the empty chair at the table.
- He refers to the waitress as "Hot Stuff" every time she comes to the table.
- Your date mentions he is a former porn star.
- Your date mentions he is a current porn star.
- He starts to shake and twitch at the table, and says something about the full moon.
- Not only does he refuse to open doors for you, he seems to be amused by slamming the doors in your face.
- He challenges you to a burping contest.
- He gets really angry when you win the burping contest.
- Your date starts crying when describing his ex-girlfriend. He also has pictures to show you. He even has some old Valentine's Day cards. Then he shows you the restraining order.
- The date ends when he announces he is late for his appointment with his parole officer.
Blind Date Poll
Have you ever been on a blind date?
More fun hubs:
- Online Dating: Your Profile Pic is Creeping Me Out!
Are you trying to pick up some ladies online? It is never going to happen with a scary profile pic. Check out some tips and become a major online chick magnet.
- Missing Myspace
This is a little dedication to the site that was once so loved, yet no one uses anymore.