- Books, Literature, and Writing
Strings of Red Carpet
Strings of Red Carpet, is another poem that was written some years ago in and around the holiday seasons. Christmas can be an unusual time for singles; as well as people in love that maybe apart during the holidays. I termed it “an unusual time” because there may be moments that you are elated with joy and the next minute you are blue.
If you are single without a significant other, during this season is when couples and family festivities seem to be enhanced; along with the spices of cinnamon and nutmeg that are known to arouse one’s thoughts of sensual pleasures. This overload of sensory stimulation can make one sad, depressed,and lonely.
If you are a couple that will be apart during the holidays, the anticipation of being alone without your love one, as well as the remnant smell of his or her cologne, or body sweat on a shirt can give you the blues.
Strings of red carpet, was written when my man and I were apart for the holidays because of prior obligations. I knew about the event months ahead of time and thought I would be fine until the day he left….
Strings of Red Carpet
Tonight, I was feeling really sad.
‘Cause life seems to be always treating me bad.
But, before my troubles got me completely down.
Your strings of red carpet turned me back around.
Its been one week since I’ve seen you.
Who knows, subconsciously this maybe why I was blue.
But, now I find myself in an astonished stare
at the strings of red carpet I found in my hair.
I thought about the night we were making love and l begged for more;
although I was so satisfied, I asked for more and more.
I look in the mirror and I can still trace
the warm shining glow of that night on my face.
I thought about the night you asked me to try something new.
Just for you, ‘cause that night you were blue.
That night we both shared an affair,
that made me a little less “square.”
I thought about the night we stayed up till dawn,
playing games on, and on, and on.
Both of us desperately trying to win;
that’s all that mattered then.
Tonight, all of these memories and the smile on my face
were caused by strings of red carpet from your place.
My new thoughts made my life seem, not as blue,
as it had been, before I found the strings of red carpet and you.
By Meme T.
- Stress, depression and the holidays: 10 tips for coping - MayoClinic.com
Stress and depression can ruin your holidays. Here's how to keep the joy alive.
- Holiday Blues - Feeling Sad, Lonely or Depressed During the Holidays?
For many people instead of the holidays being a time when "the days are merry and bright," they are more likely to be experiencing the blues for many different reasons. For some people the holiday season can be a very difficult time time of year. It
- HOLILDAY BLUES?
Holiday Blues are easy to get. Seems like everyone's having a ball ... Here are ten simple things you can do to get rid of the blues and get control of ...
How to Wipe Away the Holiday Blues..
If you enjoyed String of Red Carpet, however, you are still feeling blue this holiday season I have included some links providing more information concerning stress and depression to help you through this time. Some of the things that helped me through this time were to write the poem. Other helpful tips might be:
- To acknowledge your feelings – Slow down, breathe and self exam yourself for what might be making you sad or depressed. Embrace yourself by crossing your arms and touching your shoulders with your fingers and squeezing real tight. Now, you have been hugged; and know that you are loved.
- Reach out to others– If feeling isolated or lonely, get up and out of the house. Seek out religious or other social events, or volunteer within your community.
- Be realistic –Holidays usually are not perfect nor are they identical to the one you had last year. Sometimes relationships change, demands from one’s job, family obligations, or the unpredictable weather can prevent you from being with the one you love.
- Keep Busy - Hangout with other friends, make an effort to meet a new friend, take a vacation to the beach, or spend time alone exploring a country side.
It is important that you keep moving forward through the holidays by not dwelling on how bad or sad that you feel.
- If you are separated from your love one just for the holidays: Have some fun by wearing a pair of his jeans, a shirt, or some clothing that they wear. Smell the hints of their pheromones that may be lingering on clothes and or your bed. Enjoy memories of past times when you were together having fun. Prepare a special dinner date for when he or she returns….
- If you are alone with out a “special someone” this holiday season: Make a decision not to cry and wallow in your alone-ness. There are loved ones and others that can help you deal with stress and or depression during the holiday season. Plan to be with a special someone for next year. Stay active doing things that will put you in places to me him or her. Imagine and write down the characteristics you seeking in your new partner. Go ahead and invest in your future; buy that special teddy or boxers while waiting for your “new love” to appear…
Have a Wonderful Holiday Season!
- Loneliness and The Holidays: How To Cope With Loneliness During The Holiday Season
The holiday season is generally thought of as a time of joy and love, but for many people, its a time of loneliness. For those who feel lonely during the holidays, this time of year can be a time of additional stress. If youre experiencing loneline
- Learn How to Cope with Holiday Depression and Stress on MedicineNet.com
Learn how to cope with holiday depression and stress with some helpful tips that will keep anxiety and sadness at bay.