The Examiner-1 profile image 76

If you felt that you needed a word, would you take it upon yourself to create it?

Would you feel like it was a problem, or like it was wrong, to create a word yourself? Or would you feel as if it was too much of a bother to do it and just wait for it to be created? Or would you do it some other way?

Best Answer M. T. Dremer says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

Was your Hub fiction or reality? For fiction it happens all of the time, I believe that would catch on.

dahoglund profile image81

Don A. Hoglund (dahoglund) says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

I would not, unless it was fiction, because then I would feel like a kid.

Marie Flint profile image92

Marie Flint says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

I hit the dictionaries, (I have a few) and the thesaurus for a for the right one too, but I would not feel right creating one.

Twilight Lawns profile image87

Twilight Lawns says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

I like Shakespeare. I like etymology. I hate entomology. So I agree.

bethperry profile image89

Beth Perry (bethperry) says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

Since I won a spelling bee with a 28 letter word in the 7th grade, I think that I would keep searching for a word to fit what I needed. Besides, creating one would make me feel like a kid again and I do not like that.

ocfireflies profile image79

ocfireflies says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

It sounds as if you have young students. :-) That sounds like a fun reason.

FeniqueS profile image57

A F Stiger (FeniqueS) says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 3 years ago

I would definitely research it too for reality, for fiction I would just come up with a new one.