jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Maeve Binchy is gone. A sad day. Who is your favorite Irish Author

1. undermyhat profile image60
    undermyhatposted 5 years ago

Maeve Binchy's gave voice to humanity.  She is gone at age 72 and Ireland has lost a treasure.  Who is your favorite Irish writer.  I am partial to William Butler Yeats.  "Lake Isle of Innisfree"  moves in me no matter how many times I have read it.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I really liked her writing. I like James Joyce (no, really smile ) I love The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. And Yeats' poetry is great. And I guess, I have to put Oscar Wilde into that category too. Unfortunately, I am not aware of many Irish writers who are still living smile

1. undermyhat profile image60
        undermyhatposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like Joyce also - he was an amazing revolutionary writer.

2. Thelma Alberts profile image83
      Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Really? I just read it here that Maeve Binchy, one of my favorite author died. I´m sorry about that. I have read all her books and they are all well written. Usually about the people and life in Ireland. What a loss!

I like James Joyce, William Butler Yeats and Oscar Wilde too. Frank Mc Court, an American with an Irish blood was also a great writer. He won the Pulitzer prize many years ago.

2. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I have read some of her work. I am not sure about the nationality of the authors I like but I did like Maeve Binchy.

I currently own Quentins and Evening Class.

working