jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Who is your favorite fiction author?

1. PurAggelos profile image53
    PurAggelosposted 7 years ago

Who is your favorite fiction author?

For example: Ted Dekker, Sharon Shinn, or Mary Higgins Clark, to name a few random ones.

2. ZarkoZivkovic profile image77
    ZarkoZivkovicposted 7 years ago

Fiction... Roger Zelazny, Terry Pratchet, Tim Butcher

3. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

I like Elmore Leonard (crime novelist), Mario Puzo (of the Godfather and other mob novels), John Grisham (legal fiction writer), Philip K. Dick (science fiction), David Anthony Durham (historical fiction and fantasy), Simon Brett (English crime novelist -- his Charles Paris mystery series is the best), Harlan Ellison (short story fantasy writer). And so on and so forth.

4. C.A. Johnson profile image70
    C.A. Johnsonposted 7 years ago

Janet Evanovich, Clive Cussler, Agatha Christie, Sandra Brown, Catherine Coultier, Sherilyn Kenyon, Casey Daniels, TS Elliot, and Nora Roberts.

5. ahorseback profile image78
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Tony Hillerman,  a modern western mystery writer.

6. ExpandYourMind profile image73
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

John Grisham -- good writer who mixes legal themes with drama quite well.  I enjoy some of the older Stephen King work.  The Stand is a good book -- good vs. evil.

7. profile image48
    CassandraCullenposted 7 years ago

Wow this is a very hard question for me to answer,but I would have to say Jane Austen. She is a tremendous storyteller and has touched millions over the centuries with her heartfelt emotions and gripping intrigue into the lives of her characters. A truly marvelous author...

8. svarun profile image78
    svarunposted 7 years ago

I wonder, why nobody mentioned Jules Verne - my favourite. Maybe because it turned out, that it was not a fiction  ;-)

9. Sarah Masson profile image67
    Sarah Massonposted 7 years ago

Jodi Picoult, she always has interesting story lines

working