jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Gandalf or Dumbledore

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image84
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12321713.jpg
    When it comes to dispelling evil in the mythical world—the undisputed champions are Gandalf and Dumbledore. However, if you were a character in one of the mythical sagas; which would you prefer to be in the company of? Both possess cunning and great skills of wizardry; you can only choice one—which one?

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Though personally I am hard press to choice either but since I did ask I suppose I'd say Gandalf. The evil that he faced span the decades and I am partial to elves :-)

2. profile image0
      Jill Mooreposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever seen them in the same room!?

Personally, from beard spotting alone, I'm not entirely convinced that they aren't one and the same person. After all, [*spoiler alert*] Gandalf leaves Middle Earth at the end of LOTR? Who's to say he didn't turn up at Hogwarts in order to guide and nurture young Harry Potter - a less hairy footed version of a Hobbit!

Never thought of that!

2. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

Ive never watched any of the Harry Potter movies or read the books, but Im a huge fan of the LOTRs. For sure Gandalf... he is awesome b/c he continues to grow in power as the stories go on. And I love the visual that as he gains greatness, he becomes so bright he practically beams light. It speaks to me of maturing in your walk with God and how as we break away from the grip sin has on us, we become a reflection of our Father.

Very well put!

3. Shelly Nun-Chucks profile image78
    Shelly Nun-Chucksposted 2 years ago

they both fight for the greater good, so it's all good smile

working