jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Poets and other writers

1. annasmom profile image78
    annasmomposted 22 months ago

Do you hang on to everything you write?  How do you store it?  hard copy?  Do you re-write it?  Keep the originals?  Do you even keep the stuff you don't like?

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I keep every thing, so maybe a hoarder LOL. All my writing is first done on Word then saved in folder titled (Year) HP. Then I have folders like Hub Idea, Hubs Published, Hubs not published, Answers, Forum Posts (Sometimes the whole thread is copy/pasted), and so forth.  Both Published and Published I have Poetry, Fiction, and Informational.

annasmomposted 22 months ago in reply to this

tsmog,  I have handwritten stuff from years ago.  I splurged and bought a nice, leather-bound journal with the intent of copying everything into it...needless to say, not how it went down.  I don't have the energy to re-handwrite all of the essays and stories I have written.  So now I have some things saved to word, some handwritten, some in journal...oh yeah, and that stuff scribbled onto the back of the mail above the visor in the car!  I am turning into a book, box, bag lady!!

1. tsmog profile image83
          tsmogposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I understand completely. I have what I call memory boxes with spiral notebooks stuffed inside with poetry. I often ponder basically to reread sometime. Alas. I don't. I have an interest to create a book for Amazon Create Space. Though most I know don't get a lot of sales, it sounds like something fun to learn and play around with for learning marketing. Plus, it would be sharing with relative and friends.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

No I do not keep everything.  Plenty of stuff that didn't pan out gets deleted or thrown away.

2. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 22 months ago

I write almost everything in notebooks first, so I have hard copies of writing (mostly poetry and short stories) going back 30 years. More recent poetry I have also saved in "word" on the computer. But ye, I have saved almost everything I have ever written. Most of the old stuff I have edited and updated to make into hubs.

annasmomposted 22 months ago in reply to this

It is a fear of mine to depend solely on the laptop...that things will get lost.  I rework poems constantly, they are never truly done...well, maybe a handful.  I have two novels that linger...someday, someday...lol.  I do have a nice laptop, but the sensory satisfaction of paper...well, maybe it speaks to my age, but I have to have it!

working