jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

I really like this quote from Einstein.

1. Kenna McHugh profile image85
    Kenna McHughposted 9 days ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13811019.png
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

Albert Einstein

1. Readmikenow profile image95
      Readmikenowposted 9 days agoin reply to this

I also like this quote.  I wonder how many people actually make an effort to look deep into nature.  People give me strange looks when I tell them some of the best times of my life have been the times I've spent alone in a forest. The experience of solitude and having no influence from modern society is difficult to put into words. It provides me with a sense of freedom that is hard to describe.  I've met to many people who are afraid to spend time in the deep woods.  This is the places were the special experiences happen.  Yes, this is a great quote that should not be just read but also experienced.

Kenna McHughposted 9 days agoin reply to this

I remember when I went backpacking for the first time, deep into the wilderness. There is nothing like. I felt so good and thankful. Yes. the quote should be experienced by all.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 days agoin reply to this

You know the true meaning of this quote once you actually have the opportunity to just be alone with nature and observe it.  This is what HD Thoreau spent his entire life doing and, frankly, I think he was smarter than most people to do it!  Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome. I am curious, though. Did you read his complete book? He actually wasn't always alone. He wrote about it.

2. Patrick Patrick profile image83
    Patrick Patrickposted 9 days ago

It's a beautiful quote. Too bad we are destroying nature

I am glad you like the quote. Yes. Nature is very dear to our planet's survival.

3. AliciaC profile image100
    AliciaCposted 9 days ago

I love this quote. I think it's very meaningful.

Yes. It is very meaningful. I like the fact that Einstein said it, too.

4. Titia profile image94
    Titiaposted 9 days ago

That's what we always should do.

Yes. I agree. Myself, I like taking walks and appreciating nature in general.

5. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 9 days ago

His quote becomes more meaningful as technology develops, allowing us to peel back layers and see ever tinier details of the natural world that he could only suspect were there.  Earth was designed with purpose and plan. Though we are called to be good stewards, even in face of the fact that some are not, we can trust that God has built a renewal ability into its systems. The scientific proof of this is dismissed by fear mongers, but it is there. Taking time to enjoy the wonders of the natural world helps us see the magnificence of its scope and scale, and appreciate the power within it.

Yes. We need to put our devices down and go for walks and experience the natural beauty of this planet.

working