jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The Strange Works of Edgar Allen Poe

1. MamaDragonfly2677 profile image77
    MamaDragonfly2677posted 9 years ago

The Strange Works of Edgar Allen Poe

2. Kebennett1 profile image60
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

I love his works! His dark poetry and writing is fabulous. It has always captivated me. My favorites, Lenore, The Raven, Murders in the Rue Morgue, and The Pit and the Pendulum.

3. ghostwriter98 profile image58
    ghostwriter98posted 8 years ago

ONE OF THE GREATEST POETS OF HIS TIME, AS OPPOSED TO DANTE, EDGAR ALLEN POE, DEFINES THE GRAY AREA OF OUR LIVES, THOUGHTS AND CHARACTERS IN THE MAKING!!!!

4. DKprodigy profile image53
    DKprodigyposted 8 years ago

I, for one, think Edgar's writing is epic - whether it be poetry, prose, narrative... 

He has captivated me since I was in the 8th grade and have followed in his style of writing since.  I love his goth romanticism.  There's a correlation of romance and gore that I find hauntingly inspiring.

I jokingly call myself the "Prodigy Daughter of Edgar and Emily."
    I love Emily Dickinson as well because I find her charmingly depressing and my new poem entitled, "Attack On My Homeland" is my homage to her.  This poem is posted on one of my hubs on this site.  Feel free to check it out sometime.

5. yazoogal43 profile image36
    yazoogal43posted 7 years ago

Hi I am Donalore.... sounds like Lenore, my fav is annabelle Lee and i too adore Edgar Allen Poe, he died a pauper in a ditch, the greatest poet the world has ever known or in my opinion will ever know The Cask of Amontillado is pure genius. The Fall of the House of Usher incmparable. I would like to start a group for Poe. Would you honor me by joining in/ yazoogal

working