jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your first memory?

1. reggieTull profile image60
    reggieTullposted 8 years ago

What is your first memory?

2. Bozoplay profile image83
    Bozoplayposted 8 years ago

It was visiting a farm outside of Joliette, Quebec which is near Ottawa (or so I thought). I have no recollection of the visit to my nation's capital. I'm not sure but I could have been 3 or 4 years old at the time. My dad had bought a 1952 2-tone... read more

3. msmnme profile image59
    msmnmeposted 8 years ago

My 1st Memory, to the best of my recollection, was sitting in front of the TV, tied with a cloth diaper to a wooden potty chair. 2yrs old maybe! I watched my school-aged sisters getting ready to go, while watching cartoons. My Mom was the ringleader!
    The 50's had their fun times in our house!
    Great Memories that we talk about to this day.
         All 8 of us!   

4. Sharon M. Smith profile image53
    Sharon M. Smithposted 8 years ago

We lived in the Philippines before I was five and I have three very distinct memories that occurred while we lived there. I remember a boa constrictor was in the engine of my dad's car and from the upstairs bedroom I watched as our gardener took the snake out with a shovel. The other is playing hide-go-seek with our maid, Elsa. I was hiding under the dining room table and had to go pee really badly. The third was lying on the couch in the nearby room looking into the dining room as my family ate dinner. I had TB and I think I spent a lot of time on that couch later in our time in the Philippines.

5. profile image0
    Valerie Lynnposted 8 years ago

I remember as far back as around 18 months old.  There was a pecan tree in our back yard.  My mother gave me a small brown paper bag, sat on a stone fence surrounding the yard, and watched as I filled the bag with pecans.  Every few inches, I would walk over to my mother and say, "look, Mommy."  I remember the feeling of purpose and of excitement, and especially of the palpable love my mother felt watching me.  My aunt came to our house later, and I rushed to take the bag and to show her.  I felt pride, as an 18 month old experiences pride.  I enjoy recalling this early experience between just my mother and myself, of her watching me gather pecans. I can still feel the delight of her undivided attention and of my busy contentment in gathering the fruit of early love and shared joy.

6. Beth100 profile image75
    Beth100posted 8 years ago

My first memory when I was 5 months old.  I was partially sitting/laying down on a large outside lounge chair under a large willow tree.  The leaves and wispy branches were blowing in the wind.  My grandmother was sitting on a chair beside me, holding my bottle. The breeze in the air carried the smell of the lake - I can't find the words to describe the smell, though I can still smell it when I think about this memory....